Ghost of Kyev KIA

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
D5CAV

Ghost of Kyev KIA

Post by D5CAV »

Except he never existed: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ghos ... -q3sq0hztx

Some pilot is KIA and he is credited as "Ghost of Kyev"

Even Ukraine admits he is made up: https://taskandpurpose.com/news/ghost-o ... ed-killed/

Salty Cracker is spot-on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm1Ej8KjA2Q

He also hits on my suspicions about this whole Ukraine debacle from the beginning: It was always supported by the people who supported stuff I was against, like gun control, lockdowns and travel restrictions, forced vaccinations, censorship, etc.

The same people who stood with "her" 7 years ago, invaded congress with pink pussy hats 6 years ago, tried to impeach Trump 5 years ago, pushed for censorship and "deplatforming" 4 years ago, carried BLM fist flags 3 years ago, and said "follow the science" on lockdowns on vaccinations 2 years ago are the same ones flying Ukraine flags today. Not my crowd. I don't trust them. I don't trust their motives.

As they say, politics make strange bedfellows, so if those are your new best friends, good luck!
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
D5CAV

Re: Ghost of Kyev KIA

Post by D5CAV »

Salty Cracker on Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff visit to Zelinsky to push the $33 billion funding package: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm1Ej8KjA2Q

Yeah, I'm not standing with either of those two.

He has a meme that sums it up perfectly: Nancy Pelosi - 33 years in politics, net worth $135 million. Zelinsky (former comedian) 3 years in politics, net worth $596 million.

No corruption here. Comedy must pay pretty well in Ukraine. I'm sure these are his savings from his successful comic career before he entered "public service". There's no way the salary for President of Ukraine is $200 million per year.

As George Carlin said before he died "You are being played". I think the tab is close to $50 billion now. I'm sure they will milk you for a cool $1 trillion before this is over.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

D5CAV wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:36 am Except he never existed: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ghos ... -q3sq0hztx

Some pilot is KIA and he is credited as "Ghost of Kyev"

Even Ukraine admits he is made up: https://taskandpurpose.com/news/ghost-o ... ed-killed/

Salty Cracker is spot-on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm1Ej8KjA2Q

He also hits on my suspicions about this whole Ukraine debacle from the beginning: It was always supported by the people who supported stuff I was against, like gun control, lockdowns and travel restrictions, forced vaccinations, censorship, etc.

The same people who stood with "her" 7 years ago, invaded congress with pink pussy hats 6 years ago, tried to impeach Trump 5 years ago, pushed for censorship and "deplatforming" 4 years ago, carried BLM fist flags 3 years ago, and said "follow the science" on lockdowns on vaccinations 2 years ago are the same ones flying Ukraine flags today. Not my crowd. I don't trust them. I don't trust their motives.

As they say, politics make strange bedfellows, so if those are your new best friends, good luck!
This is a bizarre take. It was Obama and Biden that basically put the Ukraine out on a platter for Putin.

That Biden got shamed into supporting Ukraine eventually doesn't make him on the right side.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Biden is just protecting his investment - go see how many movers and shakers in the DNC have children sitting on the boards of Ukrainian energy companies - Biden is just one of many.

The reason why I think Trumps presidency was so quiet compared to Obama's and Bidens is Trump fundamentally doesn't want US involved in new conflicts...and was willing to do ugly things to ensure it. Remember when Iran started getting froggy, then their #3 man got airstriked in Baghdad? Yeah it sent a message. Putin became conciliatory, and crickets could be heard from Pyoungyang..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:14 pm Biden is just protecting his investment - go see how many movers and shakers in the DNC have children sitting on the boards of Ukrainian energy companies - Biden is just one of many.

The reason why I think Trumps presidency was so quiet compared to Obama's and Bidens is Trump fundamentally doesn't want US involved in new conflicts...and was willing to do ugly things to ensure it. Remember when Iran started getting froggy, then their #3 man got airstriked in Baghdad? Yeah it sent a message. Putin became conciliatory, and crickets could be heard from Pyoungyang..
This is a self contradictory statement. Hard to debate that - shrug....
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Vonz90 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:31 pmIt was Obama and Biden that basically put the Ukraine out on a platter for Putin.
I agree, and that has been my point from the beginning.

Setting the table began under Obama with the "Hildabeest" as secretary of state with minions Tony Blinken and Vicky Nuland in 2013 and 2014.

It was on hold under Trump, and It might even have been killed by Trump if Obama's holdovers hadn't spun up the "Ukraine-gate" impeachment.

With Uncle Joe back in (probably with Obama pulling the strings), and Tony Blinken as secretary of state with Vicky Nuland as deputy, it's "game on" again.

Zelinsky is just a puppet. He was a comic actor before, and he's a clown now, just a ridiculously well paid one.

For Zelinsky, if it's head he wins, if it's tails the Ukrainians lose. If he stays in power, great. If he gets kicked out, he retires to his mansion in Miami with his $600 million. Too bad, so sad for the Ukrainian people. They are pawns in the "Great Game 2.0".
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

HTRN wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:14 pm Biden is just protecting his investment - go see how many movers and shakers in the DNC have children sitting on the boards of Ukrainian energy companies - Biden is just one of many.

The reason why I think Trumps presidency was so quiet compared to Obama's and Bidens is Trump fundamentally doesn't want US involved in new conflicts...
Yup.

Also, Trump wanted to reduce NATO, not expand NATO. He wanted to de-escalate conflicts. I doubt there would have been a Russian invasion if Trump was POTUS. Trump would have had another pointed phone call with Zelinsky and told him to behave, this time without it being leaked to the NYT because the rest of the Obama holdovers would have been told "you're fired".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Point of order; Trump wanted to decrease US involvement in NATO. He wanted the other member nations to step up and start paying for a greater share of their own defense. Seems as though many of them are getting religion now; can't imagine why....
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Vonz90 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:34 pm This is a self contradictory statement. Hard to debate that - shrug....
No it's not.

Trump cared about getting the US involved ANYWHERE. He was the only president in decades not to get us involved in yet another conflict. And he was set to do that by any means necessary. He wouldn't be sending atgms(they just sent another 5000(!) over there - the Ukrainians are "using" them at a ridiculous rate, lending credence to the rumors that they're being sold on the black market to arms dealers. Considering Ukraine was one of the most corrupt nations in Europe(Zelinsky acquired a 450 million dollar fortune in 5 years), it's highly believable.

The interest the likes of Biden Pelosi, etc have in Ukraine is financial -where do you think they're hiding their money? They care about protecting their nestegg. If Russia murders half the country (we're not going to mention wholesale theft, and reports of rape) who cares? It's the half that hides their money that matters.

Now here's the difference. Under Obama, Russia carved off Crimea, the Donbas region. It looked like Putin was gearing up to grab the rest of the nation. Then it all stopped for four years. Then barely a year into Bidens term, it starts all over again. Because Biden and Obama are both weak men. Trump is not. I strongly suspect that he would have enforced the no fly zone that Zelinsky has been begging for.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:13 am
Vonz90 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:34 pm This is a self contradictory statement. Hard to debate that - shrug....
No it's not.

Trump cared about getting the US involved ANYWHERE. He was the only president in decades not to get us involved in yet another conflict. And he was set to do that by any means necessary. He wouldn't be sending atgms(they just sent another 5000(!) over there - the Ukrainians are "using" them at a ridiculous rate, lending credence to the rumors that they're being sold on the black market to arms dealers. Considering Ukraine was one of the most corrupt nations in Europe(Zelinsky acquired a 450 million dollar fortune in 5 years), it's highly believable.

The interest the likes of Biden Pelosi, etc have in Ukraine is financial -where do you think they're hiding their money? They care about protecting their nestegg. If Russia murders half the country (we're not going to mention wholesale theft, and reports of rape) who cares? It's the half that hides their money that matters.

Now here's the difference. Under Obama, Russia carved off Crimea, the Donbas region. It looked like Putin was gearing up to grab the rest of the nation. Then it all stopped for four years. Then barely a year into Bidens term, it starts all over again. Because Biden and Obama are both weak men. Trump is not. I strongly suspect that he would have enforced the no fly zone that Zelinsky has been begging for.
Except that is backwards.

Trump started sending lethal aid to the Ukraine, Obama refused his entire term and Biden went back to the Obama policy when he took office.

Weakness invited action from adversaries. Trump's team (I am not sure him personally but give him credit for his team) understood this. Smacking down Soleimani, which is an act of war, is another example. The Iranians/Russians behaved because they were not sure if they would face extreme push back.

The Biden/Obama teams either do not understand this or actively wanted to open a path for Russia to take Ukraine.

You are turning this on its head. The international Left (including Biden) was perfectly happy to let Russia take Ukraine, inconveniently the Ukrainians actually fought back which made Biden et al relent and support them. If a Republican was in office (any of them really) Russia doesn't invade.