"Austin Powers" moment

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
D5CAV

"Austin Powers" moment

Post by D5CAV »

Yes, I read that russian-propaganda site zerohedge. I also read RT (before it got censored by us.gov). I used to read al-jazeera before it got bought out by MSM and became indistinguishable from Fox. I even read CNBC, but usually need to have a glass of scotch nearby.

Here's the usual "content free" MSM talking points: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/24/us-to-s ... gold-.html

There were a few facts sprinkled in here, specifically about the aid they will provide to those poor people affected by the Ukraine conflict:
Chief among them, the United States is “prepared to provide more than $1 billion in new funding towards humanitarian assistance for those affected by Russia’s war in Ukraine and its severe impacts around the world,” said the official, without detailing how or when the money would be spent.
Yeah, I feel like "Number 2", explaining to "Dr. Evil" that his company that makes models of his other companies has revenue over $1 billion. Maybe Uncle Joe's entourage didn't cost $1 billion, but I bet the total bill for that little party in Brussels was close to $1 billion. The last time I was in Brussels, my one night stay was $500, and I travel alone.

And this other bit:
Biden will announce the launch of a new European Democratic Resilience Initiative with at least $320 million in new funding to support human rights and advance democratic principles in Ukraine and neighboring countries.
I haven't bothered looking it up, but I'll wager that the amount of us.gov funding to universities to support "transgender and LGBTQRST" studies exceeds $320 million.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe