Oh, Canada

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Netpackrat

Re: Oh, Canada

Post by Netpackrat »

Vonz90 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:17 am The discussion is abstract, no one is suggesting that you (or I) go there to fight now. It is what if.
Unfortunately Europe to date has a pretty poor track record concerning shooting its own rabid dogs. If his own people don't shoot Putin in the face pretty soon, it may not matter much what any of us want or think.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
D5CAV

Re: Oh, Canada

Post by D5CAV »

This is why Canada means more to me than Ukraine: https://mises.org/wire/progressive-gove ... edit-state

Even the Communist Broadcasting Service thought "social credit" is a little over the top:
The fear is that the government will use the social credit scoring system to punish people who are not sufficiently loyal to the communist party, and trying to clear your name or fight your score is nearly impossible since there is no real due process.
Remember that Mooselini is on video publicly praising the "efficiency" of China's CCP governance, and wishing he could do the same. So how about Amazon's WaPo, with the tagline "democracy dies in darkness"?
Today, not one mainstream journalistic entity has raised a question about the actions taken by Canada’s government against dissenters or even questioned the Post’s doxing of those contributors. One surmises that the editors of the Post agree with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, since many protesters do not share the political views of the Post’s staff.
Noted us.gov spokes-weasel Paul Krugman compares the "violent" Canadian truckers to "peaceful" BLM protests:
This comparison will no doubt surprise those who get their news from right-wing media, which portrayed B.L.M. as an orgy of arson and looting. I still receive mail from people who believe that much of New York City was reduced to smoking rubble. In fact, the demonstrations were remarkably nonviolent; vandalism happened in a few cases, but it was relatively rare, and the damage was small considering the huge size of the protests.

By contrast, causing economic damage was and is what the Canadian protests are all about—because blocking essential flows of goods, threatening people’s livelihoods, is every bit as destructive as smashing a store window. And unlike, say, a strike aimed at a particular company, this damage fell indiscriminately on anyone who had the misfortune to rely on unobstructed trade.
Goebbels is sitting in hell, thinking "Wow! This guy is amazing! Even I couldn't get my people to believe that!"

Like I said, a column of Russian armor coming through my neighborhood is not something I worry about.

Some American "Mooselini" who thinks Paul Krugman, Xi Jinping, and "Dr. Evil" Schwab are great guys with great ideas is something I worry about.

Hey Vlad, I'm really itching for those Verbas now.

Even a few M67s would be good...
M67 grenade.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe