Worst inflation in 40 years

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
D5CAV

Re: Worst inflation in 40 years

Post by D5CAV »

HTRN wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:53 am the price of gas is already starting to fall
I hope so. I'm jealous of that $4 gas that Vonz pays. The prices start at $6 for all the gas stations around me. :lol:
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

D5CAV wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:53 pm
HTRN wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:53 am the price of gas is already starting to fall
I hope so. I'm jealous of that $4 gas that Vonz pays. The prices start at $6 for all the gas stations around me. :lol:
It just dropped another 5 cents at the local Costco, which is usually the cheapest place to buy gas without crossing bridges... I m guessing it will drop below 4 bucks a gallon locally at the Costco by late next week.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

$5.65/gal for diesel never looked so good. I find and excuse to drive another 5-10 minutes and fill up at the Rez. Don't mind that it's keeping a bit of tax out of Emperor Newsome's hands.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

D5CAV wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:53 pm
I believe you missed my point, the break even for synthetic coal to gas operations a scale comes in around $4/gal retail price (actually probably a bit lower but close enough).

The economic bind that any potential company hoping to build a synthetic coal to gas refinery is that even if gas was way over $4/gal for a long time is that once enough coal to oil got going it would go below that price point and the pay back becomes impossible. It will always be the highest cost option.

However, at some price point it becomes viable, we just aren't there yet (or maybe ever).
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/ ... ubsidy.php.

Lefty math:
Climate change < oh crap the Dems will be wiped out in November
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

DEMOCRATS PROPOSE MASSIVE FOSSIL FUEL SUBSIDY!

yeah, that inflation thing? That'll help.

#StuckOnStupid
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

But Uncle Joe says that's the necessary price of anti-Russia sanctions: https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... -out-china
"It’s going to be real," Biden said at a news conference in Brussels. "The price of the sanctions is not just imposed upon Russia. It’s imposed upon an awful lot of countries as well, including European countries and our country as well."
Including food...
Pres. Biden warns that food shortages are “going to be real,” saying the U.S. is working with European partners to end trade limitations on sending food abroad to help alleviate supply issues caused by Russian sanctions.
Yeah, it looks like "we" are going to have to make some "sacrifices". Hey Uncle Joe, since "we" are all in this together, can I drop by the White House for dinner tonight?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
BDK

Post by BDK »

🤣. A) Won’t really be any shortages in the US.

B) Flour, even commercially, has ~10,000% markup over grain cost.

C) Pretty sure this will be used as a lever to force Europe to permit the import of certain US and Chinese foods, which are currently blocked.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

One of my friends called me last night on his way home to NJ from Cleveland - he was hunting for Diesel on the Penn turnpike in central PA.. apparently Diesel is just under six dollars a gallon there.. :shock:

It seems to be hovering around 5 bucks a gallon in central NJ.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »