Olympic "boycott"

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
randy

Olympic "boycott"

Post by randy »

RE: The so-called CHICOM Olympic games boycott where the athletes are still going and playing;

Only in DC would "we aren't inflicting a gaggle of State Dept. pukes and politicians on your country" be considered a threat and a significant response to Winnie the Xi.

I wish they would "boycott" us in the same way
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Re: Olympic "boycott"

Post by Netpackrat »

On the one hand I think it's probably good that this time around we aren't punishing a bunch of young athletes who have been working their whole lives to get to the Olympics, but at the same time, then why bother with the pointless gesture?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

What is the exact reason for it though? The Commies committing genocide, creating the Kung Flu, etc?
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
randy

Post by randy »

scipioafricanus wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:48 pm What is the exact reason for it though? The Commies committing genocide, creating the Kung Flu, etc?
I think it's the genocide thing.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

randy wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:01 am
scipioafricanus wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:48 pm What is the exact reason for it though? The Commies committing genocide, creating the Kung Flu, etc?
I think it's the genocide thing.
Might mean more if they sent Hunter over to give back all the Chi Com money he has.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka