Brandon is pleased he is in the news.

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Windy Wilson

Brandon is pleased he is in the news.

Post by Windy Wilson »

Of course I cannot find it NOW, but I read SOTI (somewhere on the Internet) that "Let's Go Brandon" was the equivalent of "Seig Heil" (Which to all the Leftist Wogs out there, means "Hail Victory", not "Die for").
Correct era, wrong comparison. "Let's Go Brandon" is the modern equivalent of "In der Fuehrer's Face" by Spike Jones.
Insulting, sanitized for public consumption, which of course is scrupulously observed for the non-Leftists (While "F*** Trump" was miraculously within community standards, "F*** Joe Biden" is not.
I remember the Buck Fush stickers.
The beautiful thing about electing Biden as Presidential Ship's figurehead (does he do more than the figurehead did to get the ship where it was supposed to go?) is we can have "Buck Joe Fiden."
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
randy

Re: Brandon is pleased he is in the news.

Post by randy »

And since it always makes me smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWF8iRCan7I
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

"Let's Go Brandon" is the modern equivalent of "In der Fuehrer's Face" by Spike Jones.
Nailed it.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
BDK

Post by BDK »

Kinda thinking, especially if they get the $600 transactions being recorded, that I’m switching to paying for everything with cash…
g-man

Post by g-man »

BDK wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:56 am Kinda thinking, especially if they get the $600 transactions being recorded, that I’m switching to paying for everything with cash…
If I read it correctly, they want the transaction history for all accounts that have transactions over $600… which means anyone who gets a direct deposit for a 2-week pay period while making… well, minimum wage… you’re on the list now. Forever, because you made two full-time weeks of work and had a >$600 transaction. Once. Yep, they want all the accounts. So far beyond unreasonable search and seizure as to be comical.

I really, really hope I’m reading it wrong…
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

g-man wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:31 am
BDK wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:56 am Kinda thinking, especially if they get the $600 transactions being recorded, that I’m switching to paying for everything with cash…
If I read it correctly, they want the transaction history for all accounts that have transactions over $600… which means anyone who gets a direct deposit for a 2-week pay period while making… well, minimum wage… you’re on the list now. Forever, because you made two full-time weeks of work and had a >$600 transaction. Once. Yep, they want all the accounts. So far beyond unreasonable search and seizure as to be comical.

I really, really hope I’m reading it wrong…
They dropped it for now but I am sure they are looking for another way to do it.

The actual reason is they want to catch people working as independent contractors, $600 is where reporting requirements kick in. It is not the rich they are after (an obvious lie) it is the gardener and nanny working for the well off. And your cousin who does weekend carpentry side jobs in addition to his regular job and the shade tree mechanics, etc.
Last edited by Vonz90 on Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Vonz90 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:02 pm It is not the rich they are after (an obvious lie) it is the gardener and nanny working for the well off. And your cousin who does weekend carpentry side jobs in addition to his regular job and the shade tree mechanics, etc.
Ayup. This. In spades.

Watch the ‘cash economy’ go completely black. In nanoseconds. ‘Off-books’ unofficial banking with Tony and his mobster friends (insert appropriate group based on geography…). Or just all cash with zero banking whatsoever. And don’t think you can just pay cash for rent and be scott-free… ‘cause when the landlord deposits the $700 cash in HIS bank, don’t think the IRS won’t come asking where you got your grubby hands on that much cash. OfferUp and Facebook Marketplace will undoubtedly start NARCing on people… make sure Uncle Sam gets his cut of the sale of that pickup truck.

Tar. Feathers. Politician. This is the ‘nice’ version, and less than they really deserve.
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

And what would that do to the banking industry? Imagine if say a quarter of Americans took all their money out of the bank when this started...

Fed Reserves goes nuts.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

scipioafricanus wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:07 am And what would that do to the banking industry? Imagine if say a quarter of Americans took all their money out of the bank when this started...

Fed Reserves goes nuts.
They wouldn't care, that is not where the money is. Credit cards and mortgage is the money draw for retail banking. Investments too for the larger ones.

Which is the problem for going all cash, at some point one needs to interact with banking to make large credit purchases, and even renting can depend on one's credit score, which is crap of they don't have history on you. Not saying it cannot be done, but it is very limiting.
Last edited by Vonz90 on Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Which is all the more reason if something like this goes through, that every single transaction that can be done with cash should be. Guns? Ammo? Anything resembling behavior that points toward self-reliance? Cash. It would mean picking up some sort of side gig for completely off-record income, and having a steady drip of cash withdrawals “to keep the wife on budget using Dave Ramsey’s envelope method” or some such justification… But it’s doable. The thought of having to do what amounts to laundering my own legitimate income just to keep the fibbie’s nose out of ALL of my business makes me think more about the “We hold these truths…” document than the 4th amendment. Just sayin.