Drawing the line at NYFC prep schools

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
HTRN

Re: Drawing the line at NYFC prep schools

Post by HTRN »

Greg wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:15 pm
HTRN wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:38 pm
Greg wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:58 pm Elites used to be competent enough to educate their *own* children properly,
The upper class of NYC have been sending their children to these exclusive private schools for more than a century. I'd be willing to bet that this the third or fourth generation of the family to go there. The parents are pissed that the school is not doing what was expected of them.
As well, a lot of rich people in NYC send their kids to magnet schools.
I'm talking old money with deeeeppp pockets, the kind of people that send their young children to Colombia Grammer, a Pre-K school in Manhattan that costs more than Harvard, and is next to impossible to get into. Remember, the big apple has the highest number of billionaires on earth for any city(100+). The old money crowd has very familiar last names, but they themselves are most likely unknowns - Paris Hilton, before she decided she'd rather hang out with the beautiful people, was one of them - her sister, who you almost never hear about, still is.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt