Check from the "Government"

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
toad

Check from the "Government"

Post by toad »

Well I got a 1400 dollar check from the US treasury. Considering it is ultimately coming from tax payers , I feel that I owe an apology for taking it. Of course since I did not have a car or trust the mail I had to spend about $40.00 dollars getting to a bank so that I could turn it into a credit card that I could use to pay bills online or in person.
HTRN

Re: Check from the "Government"

Post by HTRN »

toad wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:50 amConsidering it is ultimately coming from tax payers , I feel that I owe an apology for taking it.
Considering it's them giving you a nickel for the dollar they stole from you, there's nothing to apologize for.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Gunnuts

Re: Check from the "Government"

Post by Gunnuts »

toad wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:50 am Well I got a 1400 dollar check from the US treasury. Considering it is ultimately coming from tax payers , I feel that I owe an apology for taking it. Of course since I did not have a car or trust the mail I had to spend about $40.00 dollars getting to a bank so that I could turn it into a credit card that I could use to pay bills online or in person.
Guess we should've traded. They sent me a debit card (did that the last time, too).

What a pain in the ass to put that in a savings account (for when they eventually come back for it with interest). :x