Tormenting Bums with Barney

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Windy Wilson

Re: Tormenting Bums with Barney

Post by Windy Wilson »

Combat Controller wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:31 pm They 7-11 in downtown Orlando plays very loud classical and it works too.
Any theories on why it works?
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Windy Wilson wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:41 am
Combat Controller wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:31 pm They 7-11 in downtown Orlando plays very loud classical and it works too.
What are the theories on why it works?
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
--Randy
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Whatsoever you do to the least of My people, that you do unto Me.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Jericho941 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:19 am Whatsoever you do to the least of My people, that you do unto Me.
Jericho, email me your address, so I can give some of the 77,000 homeless here your address.

You'll take them in right? I mean, sure the down on their luck, lost their job is basically a myth, and more than 2/3rds of them are either seriously mentally ill, or hardcore drug addicts, enough to considered "nonfunctional in society", but I'm sure the harassment for handouts, tent cities, petty theft and occasional act of violence just makes them more colorful, right?

If it was up to me, I detain them, send the craziest back into the asylums, and the addicts into penal work gangs(maybe spending winters clearing snow in Rochester, and summer roadwork in Arizona for a couple of years, will act as a detergent).
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

I hardly think that playing classical music by the entrance to your store is a wrong done to people. I've been to the 7-Eleven in Santa Monica where the owner plays classical music outside his entrance, and to my ears that's at least as pleasant as the Musak that used to be played in Department Stores and Banks forty years ago.
E.g.:
--Randy
Jered

Post by Jered »

Jericho941 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:19 am Whatsoever you do to the least of My people, that you do unto Me.
The people victimized by Travis Berge would like a word.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Thst is a reasonable point of view, but I do not think it applies to most of these cases. There are places to go, they just do not want to go there because they would not be able to engage in the pathologies (mostly drugs) that the majority want. If one is offering charity and it is rejected under those circumstances, I do not think anything further is owed. One is especially not required to tolerate property destruction.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Partly maybe it makes it hard to ask people for money due to the volume.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.