Car Bomb in downtown Nashville detonates Christmas morning

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
evan price

Car Bomb in downtown Nashville detonates Christmas morning

Post by evan price »

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/explo ... estigating

Supposedly the RV had been parked Christmas eve and began broadcasting a warning before exploding.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Termite

Re: Car Bomb in downtown Nashville detonates Christmas morning

Post by Termite »

"Metro police spokesman Don Aaron said police received a report of a suspicious vehicle outside of the AT&T transmission building and upon investigating the report, officers called the hazardous devices unit. When the unit responded to the area, the vehicle exploded.

Witnesses told investigators they heard gunshots early in the morning and a message coming from an RV parked in the street warning anyone in the area to evacuate. Officers said they are looking into these reports.

Video posted to YouTube appears to capture the reported warning message seconds before the blast."
Not exactly the way the Aloha Snackbar bunch operates.......... :?
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
g-man

Post by g-man »

Anybody else catching a whiff of Tyler Durden? The recorded message definitely indicates either A: A directed strike on something like the AT&T building where ‘they’ didn’t want any loss of life, or B: yet another Las Vegas Shooter-esque zero explanation event. Will keep this on the radar, but the usual “wait 72 hours” rules apply...
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

I really hope it wasn't someone nominally on our side. The target & the warning is the 1970s radicals' MO, though the device's size would be a change from that. Could just come down to dynamite no longer being so easily available as it was then. If you're mixing it yourself, a big batch will take about the same time to make as a small one. Pity whoever it was, no matter which side of the aisle they're from, didn't have a Townhouse Incident putting it together.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

For a second I thought it referring to the scariest building in Manhattan when it said the AT&T transmission building, then I realized it said Tennessee.

They'd be eating their time trying to attack 33 Thomas - rumor has its so heavily reinforced, it would take a nuke to bring it down.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Just saw the video with a recording of the warning just before the explosion. Definitely now Jihad Joes, sounds more like ANTFIA commies.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Termite

Post by Termite »

scipioafricanus wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:27 pm Just saw the video with a recording of the warning just before the explosion. Definitely now Jihad Joes, sounds more like ANTFIA commies.
Hmmmm.....not sure I agree with you about Antifa doing this.

Isn't Nashville one of the main hubs of the national communications system? And isn't it a major Amazon storage and distribution hub as well?

g-man wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:05 pm The recorded message definitely indicates either A directed strike on something like the AT&T building where ‘they’ didn’t want any loss of life, ..... Will keep this on the radar, but the usual “wait 72 hours” rules apply...
Yeah.....I'm thinking along those lines too.

When US Special Ops decides to take out comm hubs in other countries, they try to avoid any collateral damage of lost civilian life. Not saying US Special Ops did this, I'm saying someone else may have borrowed their "play book".........

It's kinda how I would do it, to send a message to TPTB......
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
g-man

Post by g-man »

Termite wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:31 am
It's kinda how I would do it, to send a message to TPTB......
Sooo... Ft. Sumter?
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

scipioafricanus wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:27 pm Just saw the video with a recording of the warning just before the explosion. Definitely now Jihad Joes, sounds more like ANTFIA commies.
My thought too. The MO does not fit the Jihadis and the target and timing does not fir the right.
randy

Post by randy »

Starting to sound like someone with a grudge against AT&T (there's a small suspect pool! :roll: ).

latest news report heard on my local station is that FBI has a "person of interest".
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".