Marlin "lives"

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
blackeagle603

Marlin "lives"

Post by blackeagle603 »

I'd missed the news of Ruger picking up the remains of Marlin from (hack spit) Cerberus and the Remington mess.

Good to see news of jobs being added for the Greensboro area.
AYODAN — Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. said Monday it plans to add 60 jobs at its Mayodan firearms manufacturing plant, most likely related to absorbing productions from the company's acquisition of the Marlin brand.

On Sept. 29, Ruger agreed to pay $30 million for the Marlin business from the bankrupt estate of Remington Outdoor Co. Inc. When it announced Nov. 24 the completion of the acquisition, Ruger said it ended up pay $28.3 million.

The company said Monday it will spend $10 million on capital investments over three years with the expansion.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Netpackrat

Re: Marlin "lives"

Post by Netpackrat »

Ugh.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
AlaskaTRX

Post by AlaskaTRX »

They’ll make it back in spades...
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Better in Malina hands than Cerberus.

Hopefully we'll get an 1894 in 480 Ruger. :D
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Ruger has reformed lately, I think they might do a bang up job of it. Especially if they make "ruger" leverguns that can take extra hot loads.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Precision

Post by Precision »

Ruger makes quality products (most of the time). Their ethics and business practices are more in line with FB and Google than...George Bailey in Its a Wonderful life.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

I know nothing of their business practices. I have never cared for their rifles. Their pistols are good in a value for the money standpoint if unspectacular otherwise.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Vonz90 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:07 pm I know nothing of their business practices. I have never cared for their rifles. .
I do like they're #1s. I just wish they would make on in 470 Nitro...
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt