Whitmer kidnappers were BLM supporters

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Vonz90

Whitmer kidnappers were BLM supporters

Post by Vonz90 »

MiddleAgedKen

Re: Whitmer kidnappers were BLM supporters

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

They were Wile. E. Coyote-level sooper geeniuses.

They eventually had like 12 people involved, three of whom were FBI. The linked FBI affidavit (warning: looks like a straight copy-and-paste from a PDF, including headers and footers, so is a bit hard to follow until you get used to it) is funny stuff; the thread-reader unroll I read with commentary was comedy gold.

As someone said, by the end of the operation Feds were probably fighting each other just to get in on the fun.

Edit to add: Found the Threadreader recounting: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1314 ... 12609.html. Enjoy!
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

It does lead me to wonder, as I saw on Farcebook: How much of what the FBI does is trolling around various moron infested dark corners of the interwebz, sending DMs of "Wanna commit crimez?"
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Greg

Post by Greg »

Langenator wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:20 pm It does lead me to wonder, as I saw on Farcebook: How much of what the FBI does is trolling around various moron infested dark corners of the interwebz, sending DMs of "Wanna commit crimez?"
It beats abetting coup attempts, so that's good
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
randy

Post by randy »

Greg wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:02 pm
Langenator wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:20 pm It does lead me to wonder, as I saw on Farcebook: How much of what the FBI does is trolling around various moron infested dark corners of the interwebz, sending DMs of "Wanna commit crimez?"
It beats abetting coup attempts, so that's good
And it does thin the herd of the stupid ones. Of course that also means they are training the not-so stupid ones of things not to do to keep under the RADAR, so it might turn out to be counter productive for the Feds in the long run.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Oh, and one of the alleged kidnappers was apparently pardoned by the (D) governor of Delaware, for, among other things, use of a firearm in a crime.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Precision

Post by Precision »

In a surprise to no one on the right, both sides were dumb as rocks.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

I’ve dealt with smarter rocks.
Were the perps recruited from the same group as were the Jussi Smollet genius conspirators?
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy