Sweden update

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Vonz90

Sweden update

Post by Vonz90 »

Vonz90

Re: Sweden update

Post by Vonz90 »

blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I would posit that the area under the curve for the countries with prolong shutdowns may wind up being greater than those like Sweden who tore the bandaide off quickly.

While the long lockdown might possibily result in some lower ultimate Covid mortality, the total mortality from other causes due to lockdown may wind up being higher (suicide, deferred medical care, shortened life span for all age groups following lay-offs).
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Precision

Post by Precision »

blackeagle603 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:11 pm I would posit that the area under the curve for the countries with prolong shutdowns may wind up being greater than those like Sweden who tore the bandaide off quickly.

While the long lockdown might possibily result in some lower ultimate Covid mortality, the total mortality from other causes due to lockdown may wind up being higher (suicide, deferred medical care, shortened life span for all age groups following lay-offs).
I only question your use of the word "may".
We will never know the cost in lives of Covid as they LIE like crazy
They will do the same thing with suicides, domestics, uptick in Cancer/heart attacks/ other pernicious diseases due to lack of proper medical access.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I only question your use of the word "may".
heh, I was hedging and softening that a bit for those here who might yet believe that the mandatory shutdown has been in any way beneficial.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story