St Louis Police Confiscate Guns From Couple Defending Home From Mob

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Weetabix

Re: St Louis Police Confiscate Guns From Couple Defending Home From Mob

Post by Weetabix »

We know the old saying, better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

It just occurred to me that having that rifle confiscated is much cheaper than repairing vandalism and arson to your home.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

"Why are you government types confiscating our firearms? We meant for those rules to only affect those hillbilly Republicans, didn't we, Lovey?" - Thurston Howell, Esq.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Except, you know, Thurston Howell was the very definition of old school Republican Money..

The couple had something like 50 different offers to replace the rifle for free, and they currently believe their about to get indicted by that bitch of a DA, most likely because they broke the 11th commandment..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

HTRN wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:52 pm Except, you know, Thurston Howell was
The country club, Rockefeller type Republican, like the Bushes, Romneys, John Roberts...
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Termite

Post by Termite »

HTRN wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:52 pm The couple had something like 50 different offers to replace the rifle for free, and they currently believe their about to get indicted by that bitch of a DA, most likely because they broke the 11th commandment..
If I had their money, I spend some of it to have her disappeared. :evil:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:52 pm Except, you know, Thurston Howell was the very definition of old school Republican Money..

The couple had something like 50 different offers to replace the rifle for free, and they currently believe their about to get indicted by that bitch of a DA, most likely because they broke the 11th commandment..
She has a 20% conviction rate as a DA, and she is facing disbarment for the Greitens prosecution fiasco, so I doubt it will be more than an annoyance for them. They might even make some profit from a malicious prosecution lawsuit.
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Vonz90 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:49 pm
HTRN wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:52 pm Except, you know, Thurston Howell was the very definition of old school Republican Money..

She has a 20% conviction rate as a DA, and she is facing disbarment for the Greitens prosecution fiasco, so I doubt it will be more than an annoyance for them. They might even make some profit from a malicious prosecution lawsuit.
She also apparently has close to a 100% turnover rate in her office since her election. On the downside, that means she's probably replaced all of those prosecutors who quit with fellow travellers.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

There is some speculation that the McCloskey law firm is involved in the lawsuit against Jimenez firearms, which is why Mrs. McCloskey was brandishing a "courtroom prop" inoperative Jimenez in the standoff.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/politic ... 13948.html

I'm guessing that they are "never Trumpers" who are happy to sue small gun manufacturers into bankruptcy.

I'm wondering how this experience may change their outlook on Constitutional rights and politics.

As Benjamin Franklin said, "Experience is an expensive teacher, but some learn no other way."

Then again, some liberals are so stupid they will go to their grave defending their beliefs.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

D5CAV wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:40 am Then again, some liberals are so stupid they will go to their grave defending their beliefs.
What's the downside?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Langenator wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:16 amShe also apparently has close to a 100% turnover rate in her office since her election. On the downside, that means she's probably replaced all of those prosecutors who quit with fellow travellers.
I've read that some of the fellow travelers have quit as well. :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D