Time chooses sock-puppet for "person of the year"

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
D5CAV

Time chooses sock-puppet for "person of the year"

Post by D5CAV »

I was going to add "for the first time", but arguably this was done before by Time when BHO was named.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/gr ... r-n1099396

I'm not kidding. Time magazine should name the sock-puppet for pets.com for "giving a voice to mistreated pets", or some equally stupid twaddle.

I've said this before. Greta is used (managed) by her handlers, including her parents, which is truly evil.

Trump will be one of the few Presidents to not be named "man of the year" by Time magazine, joining Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover, and Gerald Ford. IMHO, if they decide to make him "man of the year" in some subsequent issue, he should refuse to let them.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
MiddleAgedKen

Re: Time chooses sock-puppet for "person of the year"

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

These guys get my vote:
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Termite

Post by Termite »

Ken,

WTH is that pic? LOL......
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Hong Kong. They're too young to have had a say in whether they were going to be part of an armed citizenry, so they're running what they brung, and may G_d watch over them and grant them liberty and justice.

Should the day ever come, I hope I have the sand to pick up a gun,
And if I don't have a gun, to pick up a bow,
And if I don't have a bow, to pick up a sword
Or a tire iron
Or a bottle of gasoline and a rag
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Termite

Post by Termite »

That's awesome....... 8-)

Can we air-drop them a few thousand AKs with ammo.........? :lol:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

If you want to free the opressed, send tanks ~ Raymond Macula
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt