Has anyone else noticed gas prices slowly dropping?

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
HTRN

Re: Has anyone else noticed gas prices slowly dropping?

Post by HTRN »

Windy Wilson wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:07 pm
HTRN wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:32 pm the cheap local station
Is that one where when after two tankfuls of premium the engine goes bumbumbum when you turn it off?
No, it's name brand gas, but I'm not identifying it due to persec
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
evan price

Post by evan price »

Just paid $4.50/gallon for 1202, and that's as good as it's been for a while.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Precision

Post by Precision »

diesel is stupid around here. Prices range from $3.83 to $4.79. Sometimes within visual range of each other. Two across the street stores $3.96 vs $4.59. Gas is much tighter. high $2.90's to about $3.09.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Precision wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:13 pm diesel is stupid around here. Prices range from $3.83 to $4.79.
Diesel locally ranges from $4.65 to $5.30.

The local Costco has regular for $3.23, and the cheap local station is $3.19.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
g-man

Post by g-man »

Local gas jumped about $0.40 in the last week and a half. Noticed a $0.10 hiccup and filled everything up again, then it jumped another 30 cents. Most annoying bit is that the local cheap station has a $75 limit on single transactions when you pay with a credit card at the pump. So with gas back up, filling the 36-gallon tank exceeds that if I let it get lower than about 1/3 of a tank. I try to fill it up when it passes 1/2 full, but don’t always time the “don’t fill up in Austin” end of a trip depending on errands, so the $1.35 it-wasn’t-quite-full-at-$75 transactions happen.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

And now both are back up to $3.33. :roll:

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Gas prices at the cheap local station have been holding at $3.15/gallon for regular. I think the roughly $3 bucks a gallon is going to be the new normal...

Precision

Post by Precision »

In surrounding areas, you can find gas at $2.85ish at the cheap spots. Diesel is at about $3.50ish at cheap diesel spots. There is often no correlations between the two by location, gas station or chain. But they do exist. Normal prices are about $0.15 higher for gas and about $0.50 higher for diesel.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Still about $3.60-3.70 in east central PA, down under $3.50 on the back roads toward Lancaster/York et al. Diesel hovering around $5 along I-80, a little less south of 80 and away from the Turnpike. Gas is about $3.30 or so in northeast Ohio.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
g-man

Post by g-man »

Had a 35 cent jump for a week last week due to spring break. Dropped back down at the end of the week when they were done gouging everybody on their way out of town for vacation.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum