The GOP Simply Wants To Abolish Public Education

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
blackeagle603

Re: The GOP Simply Wants To Abolish Public Education

Post by blackeagle603 »

re: "Politicians are NOT going to allow the money to go to any 3 toothed bubba that claims to be a school."

Maybe the problem there is that politicians are collecting and handing out money to schools. And maybe that is exacerbated by consolidation of school powers away from the most local, smallest unit of education -- the family.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
BDK

Post by BDK »

Yes…. Sorta.

Lots of folks have crap/indifferent/addicted parents.

Those folks will not, ever, spend money to educate their kids.

Now, if we change some more laws, to permit churches, etc to offer boarding schools, and let a kid chose to attend one, rather than return to his parents, it might work.

I would far prefer to donate to a charity school, which offers to educate kids in stuff I think is important (at the minimum, formal logic and civics), than to pay taxes to provide money to be distributed to parents, but that is still a far better option than having to pay to fund a slush fund for cronies, which uses education as a cover.
Precision

Post by Precision »

BDK wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:35 pm Yes…. Sorta.

Lots of folks have crap/indifferent/addicted parents.

Those folks will not, ever, spend money to educate their kids.

Now, if we change some more laws, to permit churches, etc to offer boarding schools, and let a kid chose to attend one, rather than return to his parents, it might work.

I would far prefer to donate to a charity school, which offers to educate kids in stuff I think is important (at the minimum, formal logic and civics), than to pay taxes to provide money to be distributed to parents, but that is still a far better option than having to pay to fund a slush fund for cronies, which uses education as a cover.
I can agree with this. My point is take the monopoly away from governmental grooming / indoctrination centers. THEN work to improve from there. There should be some trial, which will involve error. I doubt more error, than happens currently though as private entities will be held liable.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
BDK

Post by BDK »

It’s amazing how much less money gets spent, when liens and incarceration are a possible consequence of misappropriation.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

This makes as much sense as the Quora question that asks if there is irony in the fact that President Reagan demanded that a wall be torn down, and President Trump tried to build a wall

There probably are more laws, because each jurisdiction will need its own suite of laws to assure all the records and scholarships in women's sports aren't monopolized by men.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

BDK wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:00 pm It’s amazing how much less money gets spent, when liens and incarceration are a possible consequence of misappropriation.
Just how CAN we make these consequences of misappropriation more widespread, more well-known, and more certain.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
--Randy
g-man

Post by g-man »

We homeschool. We use an established curriculum, and we're involved in a local group where my wife tutors for the 4-6th 'grade' level students during the once weekly group day. Aside: she's not a 'teacher' - that's the parents' role. When looking at places we could go after I retired from the Army, several states were off the list since they do stupid stuff like require standardized testing for homeschool kids every year... when only requiring it for public school kids in 4th/8th/12th grades, having to 'register as a charter school'... and other stupid requirements. School portability is the camel's nose under the tent for getting government regulation into private, parochial, and homeschool education. We don't want portability, because the next step is regulation. We don't want to take .gov money in lieu of sending our kids to public school, because the next step is always regulation. Think gun laws guys...

I don't have a problem paying taxes to help fund public schools for parents who can't afford to have a stay-at-home parent tutor their kids. And we should stay involved with the local school boards so this sort of indoctrination nonsense doesn't shoehorn its way in either. But the best education system for hundreds of years before the age-batched, industrial-revolution era (and now indoctrination center) education model was tutoring. An educated adult teaching a small number of children.

Also, my kids primary and alternate teacher both have concealed carry permits and no restriction on carrying around the kids during periods of instruction. Just sayin.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Precision wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:12 pm Politicians are NOT going to allow the money to go to any 3 toothed bubba that claims to be a school.
I wonder how that could be any different than the current situation, in which the schools, aka indoctrination centers, are only too happy to take the money and indoctrinate the kids. They give lip service to deploring uninvolved parents, but to them, involvement is limited to signing the consent forms and the Report Cards, coming to Back to School Night and whatever they call the one in the Spring, to be told how good the indoctrinee is doing, if only you make sure the homework is done, thereby curtailing any non-approved parental influence. After all, they know better, they've already been through the indoctrination process and can tell you what you have to do to produce good consuming drones.

I know you're being arch and that is a splendid bit of snark, but conceptually, is there much difference at all between the proverbial three-toothed bubba whose yields credulity to religion, and the Teachers' Union Three-toothed bubbas (with better dental insurance than the people who pay her (and elementary teachers mostly identify as female now) salaries who yield Their credulity to the new religion of Leftism and Experts whose "Studies show" whatever new .
E.g.:
--Randy