NY gun law overturned

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Vonz90

NY gun law overturned

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN

Re: NY gun law overturned

Post by HTRN »

Ten minutes later, the Dem controlled NYS legislature introduce a new bill specifically written to get around the ruling... :evil:

This won't change anything.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

full text here RTWT
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:45 pm
Ten minutes later, the Dem controlled NYS legislature introduce a new bill specifically written to get around the ruling... :evil:

Maybe, but IL tried that too and lost eventually. You are correct that it is probably going to take another trip to court or two though.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Alito's concurrence really scorches Breyer's dissent. There's a strong undercurrent of "Batman has had it up to here with these damn juggalos" running through the prose.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/ ... -fired.php

Getting fired because you won a case at SCOTUS, interesting....
randy

Post by randy »

I guess someone forgot to tell the patsy that he was a patsy and supposed to lose.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Vonz90 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:37 am https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/ ... -fired.php

The law firm that fired them should be disbarred.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
BDK

Post by BDK »

HTRN wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:45 pm

If they get cute, SCOTUS does tend to slap down pretty hard - admittedly, that was when there were actual judges on the left, rather than the current disgraces.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:35 am
Vonz90 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:37 am https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/ ... -fired.php

The law firm that fired them should be disbarred.
He was fired from another law firm for representing the US Congress to defend the defense of marriage act. So it isn't going to happen.

He apparently going to start his own firm, I am sure he will be fine, but the message to the up and coming junior partners is what matters. Take conservative clients and get the axe.

This will not work out well for them though, it just means like in media there will be a parallel legal firm industry that represents conservatives, and anyone else and the lefty ones will wonder why their business went down.