NY gun law overturned

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
HTRN

Re: NY gun law overturned

Post by HTRN »

BDK wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:46 pm If they get cute, SCOTUS does tend to slap down pretty hard - admittedly, that was when there were actual judges on the left, rather than the current disgraces.
Governor placeholder has already stated she's got the state attorney's looking at the ruling for a work around.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

HTRN wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:41 pm
BDK wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:46 pm If they get cute, SCOTUS does tend to slap down pretty hard - admittedly, that was when there were actual judges on the left, rather than the current disgraces.
Governor placeholder has already stated she's got the state attorney's looking at the ruling for a work around.
She going to require her security detail to have muskets too? She is all for those now.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Aaaaannnndddd NYC has basically declared the entire city a "special area" and banned carry in it.. :roll:

Nocarry on public transport, parks or within a 1000 feet of schools, courts, etc.
Instant felony if you enter a business that doesn't have a sign up saying it's permitted, which means just about all of them.
They now require a 16 hr training course on top of all the other bullshit you have to deal with acquiring the license..

Somebody answer that phone, because I fucking called it! :evil:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
randy

Post by randy »

NYFC has been a special zone I wouldn't enter for decades now.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

randy wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:04 pm NYFC has been a special zone I wouldn't enter for decades now.
This
Precision

Post by Precision »

HTRN wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:34 pm Aaaaannnndddd NYC has basically declared the entire city a "special area" and banned carry in it.. :roll:

Nocarry on public transport, parks or within a 1000 feet of schools, courts, etc.
Instant felony if you enter a business that doesn't have a sign up saying it's permitted, which means just about all of them.
They now require a 16 hr training course on top of all the other bullshit you have to deal with acquiring the license..

Somebody answer that phone, because I fucking called it! :evil:
I didn't read the whole thing, but didn't it specifically state that Manahattan is NOT a "special area" in the ruling.
Just reinforces my desire to have punitive laws (with serious penalties) against intentional lawbreaking by .gov officials (of all levels)
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Precision wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:21 pm I didn't read the whole thing, but didn't it specifically state that Manahattan is NOT a "special area" in the ruling.
Just reinforces my desire to have punitive laws (with serious penalties) against intentional lawbreaking by .gov officials (of all levels)
NYc is going to pass a law that makes it a felony to enter anywhere that doesn't have a sign explicitly permitting the carry of firearms, which means they just effectively banned carry inside every commercial venue in the city...
They banned it on public transportation (subway, buses)
They banned it from every public facility, including parks.
They banned it from Times square.
They're planning on passing a 1000 foot exclusion zone around all schools, daycares(legal or not, despite such laws being declared unconstitutional in the past)

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/ne ... -free-zone

Precision

Post by Precision »

HTRN wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:13 am
Precision wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:21 pm I didn't read the whole thing, but didn't it specifically state that Manahattan is NOT a "special area" in the ruling.
NYc is going to pass a law that makes it a felony to enter anywhere that doesn't have a sign explicitly permitting the carry of firearms, which means they just effectively banned carry inside every commercial venue in the city...
They're planning on passing a 1000 foot exclusion zone around all schools, daycares(legal or not, despite such laws being declared unconstitutional in the past)

I realize I am preaching to the choir here.
But, population density has exactly what to do with a Constitutional Right.
It has what to do with honorable citizens protecting themselves?
Gun crime ALREADY indicates they have guns among them.
It isn't like the cops do a good job of not spraying bystanders with lead...

Should all get shot down (pun intended) over the next 3-5 years. Just glad I don't live there anymore.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Precision wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:45 pm
HTRN wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:13 am

I realize I am preaching to the choir here.
But, population density has exactly what to do with a Constitutional Right.
It has what to do with honorable citizens protecting themselves?
Gun crime ALREADY indicates they have guns among them.
It isn't like the cops do a good job of not spraying bystanders with lead...

Should all get shot down (pun intended) over the next 3-5 years. Just glad I don't live there anymore.
It will be a fight, but now our side has ammo.

The other aspect is that the "important people" who already have NYFC permits will not want to be infringed either. There is probably no legal way for them to allow carry for them everywhere they do now and not let everyone else. That will push the other way. Also, once there is a constituency for carry, the voting dynamics change.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Bernie Goetz will still ride the Subway strapped
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story