Gun Deal in Congress?

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Rustyv

Re: Gun Deal in Congress?

Post by Rustyv »

g-man wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:29 am Edited to add: The other question is this: "How can this law be used against otherwise law-abiding citizens?"
These are the assholes that wanted to deploy the FBI, with all their counterterrorism tools and firepower, against parents that were upset their daughters were getting raped in public schools.

I’m assuming the worse. That way I’m not surprised.
Welcome to the internet: Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

Dance like it hurts, Love like you need the money, Work like people are watching - Scott Adams
randy

Post by randy »

I've always been against second class citizens created by legislation.

You are an adult citizen or you aren't.

If you're not responsible or mature enough at age X to drink or own or carry a firearm, then you aren't responsible enough to vote or decide to serve in the military.

I'm not a big fan of conscription either, but just to be consistent, so long as the draft is still on the books then the law should specify the draft age to be the same as the others.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
g-man

Post by g-man »

randy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:22 pm I've always been against second class citizens created by legislation.

You are an adult citizen or you aren't.

If you're not responsible or mature enough at age X to drink or own or carry a firearm, then you aren't responsible enough to vote or decide to serve in the military.

I'm not a big fan of conscription either, but just to be consistent, so long as the draft is still on the books then the law should specify the draft age to be the same as the others.
Can't disagree with any of this. I can agree to tiered licensing for drivers, just to get preliminary experience with some restrictions (daylight hours with a licensed driver over 18/21 in the car, etc). But signing contracts, conscription, drinking, voting, volunteering for service? All the same age.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum