ESG (subheading DEI)

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
blackeagle603

ESG (subheading DEI)

Post by blackeagle603 »

Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
"The villain in my novel Campusland is the dean of diversity and inclusion at a fictitious university (located in "Havenport, Connecticut"—draw your own conclusions). At some point, I had to decide how many employees to put in her department. After trying and failing to find out how many DEI employees several Ivies had (they pretty much bury the info), I settled on thirty. I figured, hey, this is satire, so I'm allowed to exaggerate.

Almost to the day that Campusland hit the bookstores, I found out Yale's actual number.

150. "
The Naked Dollar
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
blackeagle603

The Invisible Fist

Post by blackeagle603 »

ESG, we all see it. We're all aware of it to some extent. Some of us more than others because of the places we work or act as a supplier or contractor to. Really is a clever tool for Mr Global. Get companies to do their Statist bidding to infringe liberties. Thus maintaining a degree of separation and plausible deniability that the government is acting outside its Constitutional bounds.
ESG is a political scoring system for investors, with companies like S&P Global issuing ESG scores on corporations. It sounds great, right? In reality, ESG is dictatorship in capitalist clothing. Our banks, investment managers and corporations are all promoting ESG, cleverly lending ESG the veneer of free-market capitalism. But it is not capitalism.

Capitalism is freedom in an economic context. ESG is a system of force. ESG substitutes our pluralistic institutions for conformity to centralized power, one that makes up the rules as it goes. If you don’t believe me, think about the indeterminate nature of ESG. There are two layers of subjectivity: the determination of the ESG factors themselves and the answers to those factors. If you ask people what the factors should be, you will get different answers depending on their shade of leftist politics.
The Invisible Fist
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story