SF Fed says inflation in US greater than in other countries because of the stimulus.

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Weetabix

SF Fed says inflation in US greater than in other countries because of the stimulus.

Post by Weetabix »

SF Fed says inflation in US greater than in other countries because of the stimulus. I explicitly remember predicting this, as did others.

SF Fed: "Estimates suggest that fiscal support measures designed to counteract the severity of the pandemic’s economic effect may have contributed to this divergence by raising inflation about 3 percentage points by the end of 2021."

Translation: Printing money creates inflation.

https://www.frbsf.org/economic-research ... countries/
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Re: SF Fed says inflation in US greater than in other countries because of the stimulus.

Post by Vonz90 »

Suprising no one who has ever read any Austrian School economics. To much money chasing not enough goods = inflation. Duh
Weetabix

Re: SF Fed says inflation in US greater than in other countries because of the stimulus.

Post by Weetabix »

The amazing thing isn't that it happened, but that they admitted it.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Weetabix wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:47 pm SF Fed says inflation in US greater than in other countries because of the stimulus. I explicitly remember predicting this, as did others.
I knew it was going to happen the second I heard about them running the presses nonstop - frankly we got off light in terms of how much fresh cash they dumped on the market, and it's still probably the worst year for inflation since 1960, when you use the old method(CPI).
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt