RIittenhouse trial

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Netpackrat

Re: RIittenhouse trial

Post by Netpackrat »

I may or may not have necro'ed a thread on another non-gun related forum from last year to post my favorite Nelson Muntz meme. :lol:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I wonder how Grosskreutz's $10m suit against the city will fare now?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

He needs to sue everyone who defamed him.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Netpackrat wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:24 pm Not a lawyer but it would seem like a jury verdict that his actions were legally justified would be pretty hard to overcome in a lawsuit.
OJ Simpson
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Screenshot_20211119-194543_Chrome.jpg
scipioafricanus wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:20 pm He needs to sue everyone who defamed him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:12 am
Netpackrat wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:24 pm Not a lawyer but it would seem like a jury verdict that his actions were legally justified would be pretty hard to overcome in a lawsuit.
OJ Simpson
Different situation entirely. In OJ's case, the prosecution failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that OJ was the guy. So the families of the victims could take the same evidence to civil court and prevail there due to the lower burden of proof.

The jury verdict of not guilty for reasons of self defense is a legal finding of fact that Kyle's actions were legally correct. He may have to hire a lawyer to show up in court to respond to lawsuits, but they shouldn't go anywhere.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

My question: will Grosskreutz (Unlawful Carry, Aggravated Assault) and/or "jump kick man" (Aggravated Assault) be charged?

Grosskreutz would seem to be a slam dunk, since he already admitted in court testimony that he was carrying the gun, and that he pointed it at Rittenhouse, unprovoked.

"Jump kick man" has, by some accounts, been identified, and possibly was even known to the defense, having offered to testify for the prosecution (said offer being rejected, because he's a 40 year old career violent criminal.)
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Rosenbaum, Huber and Grosskreutz shot by RIittenhouse. All a bunch Krauts fighting other Krauts. Funny that the media has not picked up on that, but I guess it messes up the narrative.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Langenator wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:06 pm My question: will Grosskreutz (Unlawful Carry, Aggravated Assault) and/or "jump kick man" (Aggravated Assault) be charged?
Better question Will "little Binger" be charged with pointing a gun at the jury? Because pointing a gun at people, loaded or not,is a felony in Wisconsin.. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt