Buh Bye Mr Chips(man)

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
blackeagle603

Buh Bye Mr Chips(man)

Post by blackeagle603 »

Forbes Sep 9, 2021,10:46am EDT

The White House on Thursday withdrew the nomination of David Chipman to lead the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), according to multiple reports, a victory for gun groups and Republicans who staunchly opposed his nomination, and a loss for President Biden, who t has now had to pull two major nominations.
RTWT
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
randy

Re: Buh Bye Mr Chips(man)

Post by randy »

...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

That's the good news. Now for the bad news...

I see commented elsewhere that the replacement nominee is Lon Horuichi.
"FBI sniper charged with manslaughter for Ruby Ridge in state court. Even the 9th circuit disagreed with moving the case under the supremacy clause. He is 67 now, but WACO and Ruby Ridge are ultimatley why there shouldn't be an ATF."
Which of course argues again that the BATF(U) should be the name of a corner store, not a Federal Agency
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Are you joking? How could they possibly think THAT is a good idea?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

yeah, joke. Failed to catch it myself the first time and got punked. But parody seems to become prophecy these days.

Babylon Bee can't stay ahead of reality.

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Weetabix wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:02 pm Are you joking? How could they possibly think THAT is a good idea?
Ask HS Precision.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Netpackrat wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:54 pm
Weetabix wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:02 pm Are you joking? How could they possibly think THAT is a good idea?
Ask HS Precision.
Bingo
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop