Ding ding, Cuomo's gone!

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
blackeagle603

Re: Ding ding, Cuomo's gone!

Post by blackeagle603 »

They don't want to be moral, just have a claim to it that can be used against adversaries
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

My point is that they have never allowed the blatancy of their own hypocrisy stand in their way before, so I doubt that it is a major factor now.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

In 2021, the MeToo movement sold out faster than toilet paper in 2020.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Netpackrat wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:58 am My point is that they have never allowed the blatancy of their own hypocrisy stand in their way before, so I doubt that it is a major factor now.
I'm with you on that. No argument at all. I'm just pondering the "inside baseball" aspect. Trying to imagine how the party of maximum expediency might be playing it in this instance in time for their advantage.

You, me, us here remember and pay attention. That makes us about 1% of the population, our perspective is about 4-5 sigma aberration compared to the mushy middle who tunes in for 15 seconds on a topic and considers it in isolation from all their history and character.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Greg

Post by Greg »

Anyone have the Anakin & Padma meme handy?
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr