Alabama State Legislator Fired

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Netpackrat

Alabama State Legislator Fired

Post by Netpackrat »

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/05/al-leg ... z6wqwP2EWK

Fired from his LE job at a sheriff's office because he supported constitutional carry legislation in his role as an elected state rep. If this goes to court, I don't see any way that it ends well for the sheriff, assuming the people there don't have the opportunity to pick a new sheriff first.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
blackeagle603

Re: Alabama State Legislator Fired

Post by blackeagle603 »

Time to Zumbo that Sheriff.

Where can I contribute to his recall_ouster?
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Netpackrat

Re: Alabama State Legislator Fired

Post by Netpackrat »

I think getting unelected may end up being the least of the sheriff's problems. There's probably anti-corruption law that applies to using employment (offers of, threats and retaliation against, etc) to attempt to influence an elected public official in the performance of his duties.

Could be a quite lucrative lawsuit in there too. At-will employment is not carte-blanche, particularly given the protected speech and public integrity implications.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop