A Useful Discussion from the Left

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Vonz90

A Useful Discussion from the Left

Post by Vonz90 »

https://email.mg2.substack.com/c/eJxVkL ... ms8APiypBa

An interesting point of view. Most likely it resonates with me because it mirrors my own point of view quite a bit.

FYI- saw it in Jonah Goldberg's weekly newsletter where he discusses it a bit.
randy

Re: A Useful Discussion from the Left

Post by randy »

wokeness is a made-up mystery religion that college-educated people invented so they could feel superior to you.
That goes on my list of quotes I keep for future reference.

Of course like most short, pithy quotes it does oversimplify. I would suggest that the college-educated people he references are mostly graduates of Ivy League schools, with the usual suspects of Berkeley , Madison etc.

Of course I got my degrees in the 80's and last attended a college course in the 90's, so it had probably gotten worse.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Gunnuts

Re: A Useful Discussion from the Left

Post by Gunnuts »

randy wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:48 pm Of course I got my degrees in the 80's and last attended a college course in the 90's, so it had probably gotten worse.
As I recall, that bullshit was laughed off by those of us in college in the mid 80s.

By the time I graduated, it was gaining traction, but fortunately didn't affect me much at the time, as the focus was graduating.

Now 34 years later, I just shake my head at how its gotten to the point that shit is destroying the nation.