H.R. 127 - they want it all

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Weetabix

H.R. 127 - they want it all

Post by Weetabix »

https://gunfreezone.net/and-the-first-b ... ss-is-out/

Is anyone familiar with this new bill? This is the first I've heard of it. I don't like what I've seen.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Re: H.R. 127 - they want it all

Post by Vonz90 »

They propose something like this every congress. They want it all but it is a pipe dream at this time.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I surely hope so. I saw the text, and she didn't seem to have any co-sponsors.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Termite

Post by Termite »

Sheila Jackson-Lee is an idiot. Even her fellow DNC members laugh at her behind her back.

Here are some of her public statements to the press, since 1995:
“I happen to represent Enron here in Houston. We have many good corporate citizens here in Houston. Enron happened to have been one.”
“Don't condemn the gangbangers, they've got guns that are trafficked, that are not enforced, that are straw purchased and they come into places even that have strong gun laws. Why? Because we don't have sensible gun legislation.”
“Today, we have two Vietnams, side by side, North and South, exchanging and working. We may not agree with all that North Vietnam is doing, but they are living in peace. I would look for a better human rights record for North Vietnam, but they are living side by side.”
“Maybe I should offer a good thanks to the distinguished members of the majority, the Republicans, my chairman and others, for giving us an opportunity to have a deliberative constitutional discussion that reinforces the sanctity of this nation and how well it is that we have lasted some 400 years, operating under a constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not.”
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Termite wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:46 pm Sheila Jackson-Lee is an idiot. Even her fellow DNC members laugh at her behind her back.

Here are some of her public statements to the press, since 1995:
“I happen to represent Enron here in Houston. We have many good corporate citizens here in Houston. Enron happened to have been one.”
“Don't condemn the gangbangers, they've got guns that are trafficked, that are not enforced, that are straw purchased and they come into places even that have strong gun laws. Why? Because we don't have sensible gun legislation.”
“Today, we have two Vietnams, side by side, North and South, exchanging and working. We may not agree with all that North Vietnam is doing, but they are living in peace. I would look for a better human rights record for North Vietnam, but they are living side by side.”
“Maybe I should offer a good thanks to the distinguished members of the majority, the Republicans, my chairman and others, for giving us an opportunity to have a deliberative constitutional discussion that reinforces the sanctity of this nation and how well it is that we have lasted some 400 years, operating under a constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not.”
And they complain about Marjorie Taylor Greene.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Still a goose-egg on cosponsors.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

I suppose we should be happy there are no cosponsors yet. Alexandria Ordinary Communist and the Representatives from Al Qaida haven't yet noticed her bill.
Maybe there should be a deal, the Republicans will vote to remove Marjorie Taylor Greene from her committees if simultaneously Sheila Jackson Lee is removed from all of hers.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I think this is going to die in committee - they have to secure their stolen election before they try anything seriously 1984ish. Hence the recent focus on covid relief(a bribe given with the citizens own money, to make john q public forget about their coup) and the search of the military for "extremests"(anyone who takes their oath of enlistment seriously). It's also why they're pushing any outspoken republican voices out of committees. They're setting up for the long haul, now that they know they can cheat during elections and get away with it.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Good friend of mine suggests that HR 127 is the straw man they'll use to stampede Congress into supporting more "reasonable" legislation -- such as that introduced by Carolyn Maloney recently -- just as soon as they can tee up a patsy to light up a school or a mall or something worse...

...on that note, (The Best) "President" (CCP Money Can Buy)den* and his Amazing Never-Know-What-The-Hell-Will-Come-Out-Of-It-Next Pie Hole are well on the way to becoming a liability to the Party. I think a 25th Amendment removal is down to no better than even money, with martyrdom potentially offering greater benefits to the Party.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!