Will Biden open himself to impeachment?

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Precision

Re: Will Biden open himself to impeachment?

Post by Precision »

WE are currently living the initial few chapters of John Ringo's Road to Damascus. The crumbling has begun. The only thing is we don't have a BOLO to help us.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Political capital?

They just usurped democracy, and they got away with it. They have control of all three houses. The best thing the Rs can do is make a statement by showing the people that they still have some fight left in them.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

If you are expending political capital on on something that will fail hard and alienate the uncommitted middle, then you are making things worse.
Generally true. But that has been the default position of Mitch and Co.
"So how's that working for you?" Dr. Phil

sometimes you win by losing.

Ask the NVA
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

HTRN wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:04 pm They just usurped democracy, and they got away with it. They have control of all three houses. The best thing the Rs can do is make a statement by showing the people that they still have some fight left in them.
Nah, let's roll over and play dead. It's been working for us ever since we got that pesky Newt Gingrich out of the House. /sarc/
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

blackeagle603 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:13 pm
If you are expending political capital on on something that will fail hard and alienate the uncommitted middle, then you are making things worse.
Generally true. But that has been the default position of Mitch and Co.
"So how's that working for you?" Dr. Phil

sometimes you win by losing.

Ask the NVA
I do not disagree, but timing is important and choosing the correct battlefield is even more important. If we do not have a wedge issue/event that will either unite the right or persuade the middle (really need to do both) then we are wasting our time.

And to use your analogy, the NVA spent a lot of time prepping and waiting - and running away when the time/battlefield was not right.
Last edited by Vonz90 on Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Indeed. There's the challenge of keeping the right energized while looking "nice, nice, nice" to keep the (mush for brains) middle from running left.

The greatest fear of our mushy middle Composure Class is to look like meanies (by associating with the right).

scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Just wait for gas to be 6 bucks a gallon.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

scipioafricanus wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:27 pm Just wait for gas to be 6 bucks a gallon.
Let the good times roll.....
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
g-man

Post by g-man »

Netpackrat wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:05 am
scipioafricanus wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:27 pm Just wait for gas to be 6 bucks a gallon.
Let the good times roll.....
At that point, the only thing that’s going to be rolling is my bicycle... At least SWMBO was able to square me away with one of those while I was in Poland and they were out of stock everywhere. In the meantime I REALLY need to get my lapsed paperwork on the motorcycle squared away (let the registration lapse when I went OCONUS and haven’t sorted it out yet), since that’ll at least get 35+ MPG instead of rolling around in the diesel.

To the OP’s point: No comment.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Termite

Post by Termite »

g-man wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:58 am In the meantime I REALLY need to get my lapsed paperwork on the motorcycle squared away (let the registration lapse when I went OCONUS and haven’t sorted it out yet), since that’ll at least get 35+ MPG instead of rolling around in the diesel.
Do you still have the Superhawk? It must be getting a bit "long in the tooth".

I sold the ZR-7 a couple of yrs ago, wasn't riding it enough to justify keeping it. If I get something else, it may be an adventure tourer. The Yamaha Ténéré 700 looks promising.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."