Trump's 2020 SCOTUS List will drive the Leftists insane.

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
scipioafricanus

Re: Trump's 2020 SCOTUS List will drive the Leftists insane.

Post by scipioafricanus »

Weetabix wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:44 pm My wife's uncle by marriage gives new meaning to the "deranged" in TDS. He posted something about Amy Coney Barrett being a member of a cult that oppresses its women.

I responded with:
Membership is voluntary. The real question is, how good are the sandwiches they make?
and
The men in the cult are failing spectacularly at oppression if one of their handmaids gets nominated for the Supreme Court.
I'm trying to make one of his rabid friend's head explode. I'm a bad man. :mrgreen:

My daughter in law PM'ed me:
It’s not the men’s fault! She probably asked her husband, “Hey, do you care if I get sworn into the Supreme Court?” And he tried really hard to say, “No, you have too many toilets to clean!”, but his mouth was full of sandwich and he couldn’t get the words out 😥
I now love her even more. :lol:
Amazing that they go after Catholics like this but completely ignore the anti-feminist nature of Islam, which has FAR MORE relation to the Handmaids Tale...
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Everywhere today I'm seeing memes talking about "subservience" of women being called for in this and other orthodox views of family and marriage.
The Father of Lies is playing from his usual playbook. Nothing changed since the garden of Eden. Master of Deception.

"Has God not said..." Then goes on to say something similar but different from what God said

The word is "hupotasso", lit to "place oneself (voluntarily) under" a higher purpose or to accept as a higher authority. Emphasis on voluntary

Commonly translated to English as "submit". Not in the MMA sort of submission way though. One of the most common contempory Greek usages is for enlisting in the military as a private citizen might do. Or as an indentured servant might at the end of required service, to choose to stay on in the service of that household, to "hupotasso", submit voluntarily and become a bond servant -- bound by choice to that house and master.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Has anybody noticed all the Bernie bros going on about how "Bernie would have won" after the debate?

He couldn't beat a dementia patient, and they think he could have beaten Trump?! :?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt