This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
308Mike

Texas - Perry says schl districts shld decide own gun rules

Post by 308Mike »

Linkarooni
Perry says school districts should decide own gun rules
By JANET ELLIOTT Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle
Aug. 18, 2008, 11:35PM

AUSTIN — Gov. Rick Perry said Monday that local school districts should be able to decide whether to allow concealed weapons on their campuses.

"I'm pretty much a fan that if you've been trained, if you are registered, then you ought to be able to carry a weapon," Perry said.

He was asked about the policy of a small school district west of Wichita Falls, which may be the first to allow employees who are licensed to carry concealed handguns to bring their weapons to the district's lone 110-student, K-12 campus.

After the 2007 mass shooting at Virginia Tech University, Perry expressed support for allowing licensed Texans to carry concealed handguns anywhere, including churches, courthouses and college campuses.

More.......
DAMN! We NEED him in California!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
acegarp

Re: Texas - Perry says schl districts shld decide own gun rules

Post by acegarp »

God bless Texas. We've tried the "gun-free zone" bullcrap for long enough and it's obviously not working. Time for a change.
Frosch

Post by Frosch »

308Mike wrote:Linkarooni
Perry says school districts should decide own gun rules
By JANET ELLIOTT Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle
Aug. 18, 2008, 11:35PM

AUSTIN — Gov. Rick Perry said Monday that local school districts should be able to decide whether to allow concealed weapons on their campuses.

"I'm pretty much a fan that if you've been trained, if you are registered, then you ought to be able to carry a weapon," Perry said.

He was asked about the policy of a small school district west of Wichita Falls, which may be the first to allow employees who are licensed to carry concealed handguns to bring their weapons to the district's lone 110-student, K-12 campus.

After the 2007 mass shooting at Virginia Tech University, Perry expressed support for allowing licensed Texans to carry concealed handguns anywhere, including churches, courthouses and college campuses.

More.......
DAMN! We NEED him in California!!
Ya can't have him; he's ours.

I could say California needs to grow its own. But really, I'm willing to share. California can
have our SURPLUS sane politicians. But not the ones we're presently using.
--------------------------------------------
"The entire modern world owes its existence to capitalism.
Marxism isn't just a dead end, it's the road back to mud
huts." -- me
--------------------------------------------
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

LOL!! That's fine, it's certainly FAR better than we've been getting!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad