Taxation is theft - advanced version

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
g-man

Re: Taxation is theft - advanced version

Post by g-man »

blackeagle603 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:57 pm ... SANDAG (San Diego Area governments) has put forward a plan for a $.04/mile mileage tax.

Yeah that's not regressive at all. All those service workers on long commutes from low cost areas in South Bay? Let them eat cake.
Yeah, because the state isn’t sharing any of the exorbitant “per mile” taxes those folks are already paying on fuel…

We told a king to fornicate with himself over far, far less tax than we pay now…. Of course he wasn’t giving handouts to a huge portion of the population in order to keep getting elected either.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Jered

Post by Jered »

Cobar wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:26 pm Maybe they are going to do it like some of those states that have red light / speeding cameras that don't actually have any enforcement. They just send you a ticket in the mail but can't make you pay it. I wonder if they send it to collections eventually and use your credit score to punish you for not paying.
In my (20 years ago) experience in a different state, those camera tickets go to the registered owner of the vehicle.

The ticket conveniently came with an affidavit for the registered owner of the vehicle to sign attesting that he or she was not driving the vehicle.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Precision

Post by Precision »

Jered wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:17 am
Cobar wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:26 pm Maybe they are going to do it like some of those states that have red light / speeding cameras that don't actually have any enforcement. They just send you a ticket in the mail but can't make you pay it. I wonder if they send it to collections eventually and use your credit score to punish you for not paying.
In my (20 years ago) experience in a different state, those camera tickets go to the registered owner of the vehicle.

The ticket conveniently came with an affidavit for the registered owner of the vehicle to sign attesting that he or she was not driving the vehicle.
In TN, if you sign that, you have to then tell them who was driving so they can ticket that person.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/