The GOP Simply Wants To Abolish Public Education

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
blackeagle603

Re: The GOP Simply Wants To Abolish Public Education

Post by blackeagle603 »

re: "Politicians are NOT going to allow the money to go to any 3 toothed bubba that claims to be a school."

Maybe the problem there is that politicians are collecting and handing out money to schools. And maybe that is exacerbated by consolidation of school powers away from the most local, smallest unit of education -- the family.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
BDK

Post by BDK »

Yes…. Sorta.

Lots of folks have crap/indifferent/addicted parents.

Those folks will not, ever, spend money to educate their kids.

Now, if we change some more laws, to permit churches, etc to offer boarding schools, and let a kid chose to attend one, rather than return to his parents, it might work.

I would far prefer to donate to a charity school, which offers to educate kids in stuff I think is important (at the minimum, formal logic and civics), than to pay taxes to provide money to be distributed to parents, but that is still a far better option than having to pay to fund a slush fund for cronies, which uses education as a cover.
Precision

Post by Precision »

BDK wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:35 pm Yes…. Sorta.

Lots of folks have crap/indifferent/addicted parents.

Those folks will not, ever, spend money to educate their kids.

Now, if we change some more laws, to permit churches, etc to offer boarding schools, and let a kid chose to attend one, rather than return to his parents, it might work.

I would far prefer to donate to a charity school, which offers to educate kids in stuff I think is important (at the minimum, formal logic and civics), than to pay taxes to provide money to be distributed to parents, but that is still a far better option than having to pay to fund a slush fund for cronies, which uses education as a cover.
I can agree with this. My point is take the monopoly away from governmental grooming / indoctrination centers. THEN work to improve from there. There should be some trial, which will involve error. I doubt more error, than happens currently though as private entities will be held liable.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/