Doing Jobs Americans Won't Do

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
D5CAV

Doing Jobs Americans Won't Do

Post by D5CAV »

One of the "secondary effects" of our porous borders: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -rich.html

Opportunities bring entrepreneurs
The visiting criminals are emboldened by their discovery of a 'sweet spot' in the American criminal system because their offenses don't meet the requirements for federal investigation, and are often overlooked because the country is focusing on a frightening rise in homicides.
Even if they get caught, bail is just a cost of business. Since they don't have a US Passport, us.gov can't seize their passport.
Earlier this year, the FBI busted one of the groups in Virginia who exploited the state's lax bail laws to steal more than $2 million in a string of burglaries targeting high-end homes of Asian and Middle Eastern families before skipping bail and fleeing back home.
California Prop 47 was put in place in 2014 to allow California to report a reduction in crime. If it's not a crime, then there are fewer crimes! :lol:
What's more, no cash or low bail law allow the repeat offenders endless opportunities to continue to the brazen heists, even after being caught.

Like Virginia, California is one such state that criminals take advantage of due to its controversial 2014 law - Proposition 47 - that barred prosecutors from charging suspected shoplifters accused of stealing less than $950 worth of merchandise with felonies.
Yeah, I've been to parties in Atherton and Hillsborough. I have to keep my teeth together because most of the other guests were anti-Trumpers who were for open borders, "Dreamers", and Prop 47. Oh well, actions have consequences.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe