French collaborator

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Vonz90

Re: French collaborator

Post by Vonz90 »

MiddleAgedKen wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:51 pm
Cobar wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:02 am I get the feeling that all these leftist supporting "conservatives" are just trying to pick the winning side and get whatever money they can out of the endeavor.
Bingo.
I think this explains a fair number of conservative pundits who have moved left over the years (certainly Bill Krystal for instance). In French's case though I think more is at play. His case seems much more wrapped around him thinking of himself as a moral bulwark against the tide.

Certainly when he first started writing anti-Trump stuff he received a lot of abuse from various online trolls (including racist abuse related to his adopted daughter). While that is horrible, I think it also reinforced his "me against the evil tide" feelings. Nothing good comes from that attitude, but being Reformed also gives that tendency.

In the end - meh.
randy

Post by randy »

On the plus sides of Trump's performance let's not forget Supreme Court Justices. Even if they follow the standard tendency to squish to the left, I find it hard to imagine that anyone appointed by Her would have been any better.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

randy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:54 am On the plus sides of Trump's performance let's not forget Supreme Court Justices. Even if they follow the standard tendency to squish to the left, I find it hard to imagine that anyone appointed by Her would have been any better.
Trump's 3 appointments were possibly the most important thing he did as President.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

And any thoughts about Biden ignoring the Supreme Court with the evictions notices from these people? Remember, the people with "Constitutional Principles" and Orange Man Bad?
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

scipioafricanus wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:09 pm And any thoughts about Biden ignoring the Supreme Court with the evictions notices from these people? Remember, the people with "Constitutional Principles" and Orange Man Bad?
Relative to French, that would require reading his stuff to know what he is talking about. I will take a hard pass on that.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

scipioafricanus wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:09 pmAnd any thoughts about Biden ignoring the Supreme Court with the evictions notices from these people? Remember, the people with "Constitutional Principles" and Orange Man Bad?
What the Court did, if I have it right, was leave the moratorium in place since it was set to expire, apparently (if accurate, that's dumb and cowardly -- in other words, on brand for the Roberts Court). Kavanaugh opined that it would probably be found unconstitutional, but that seems at best to be dicta not carrying the force of law. The link goes to an interesting explanation at Spectator.

Commenter is alexthechick, who seems to be knowledgeable about legal issues.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Popped up today about French: French, a perpetual and masochistic loser in the American culture war, believes that drag queens twerking in the library for elementary school kids is a "blessing of liberty."
He doesn't get to lecture anyone on "the common good".

- Terry Schappert
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka