French collaborator

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Vonz90

French collaborator

Post by Vonz90 »

https://americanmind.org/salvo/david-fr ... loodguilt/

I stopped reading David French years ago, well before he left NR. He never seemed to have much useful to say and his enthusiastic support for Romney told me all I needed to know about his judgment.

On the surface, his anti Truml point of view should have been favorable to me (I despise Trump) but we seem to be going at it very differently. I despise Trump personally, but my main concern with him was that his fecklessness would damage the positions that I favor (and which he at times said he favored, except when he did not.)

French seems to have decided that he no longer favors any position that Trump supports, or seems to support - and that is just another way of saying that your principles mean nothing more to you than they do to Trump. Indeed, I consider Trump and Romney to be two peas in a pod in the sense that they would favor any position they though would help themselves personally. So no surprise his follows are similar.

Well, it seems French has hit Rock bottom and started digging. Not a shock I guess. He may get a NYT column at this rate.
Cobar

Re: French collaborator

Post by Cobar »

I get the feeling that all these leftist supporting "conservatives" are just trying to pick the winning side and get whatever money they can out of the endeavor.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Cobar wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:02 am I get the feeling that all these leftist supporting "conservatives" are just trying to pick the winning side and get whatever money they can out of the endeavor.
Bingo.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Greg

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:53 am https://americanmind.org/salvo/david-fr ... loodguilt/

I stopped reading David French years ago, well before he left NR. He never seemed to have much useful to say and his enthusiastic support for Romney told me all I needed to know about his judgment.

On the surface, his anti Truml point of view should have been favorable to me (I despise Trump) but we seem to be going at it very differently. I despise Trump personally, but my main concern with him was that his fecklessness would damage the positions that I favor (and which he at times said he favored, except when he did not.)

French seems to have decided that he no longer favors any position that Trump supports, or seems to support - and that is just another way of saying that your principles mean nothing more to you than they do to Trump. Indeed, I consider Trump and Romney to be two peas in a pod in the sense that they would favor any position they though would help themselves personally. So no surprise his follows are similar.

Well, it seems French has hit Rock bottom and started digging. Not a shock I guess. He may get a NYT column at this rate.
I'm really surprised that after all this time you're still so utterly wrong about Trump.

I'll elaborate. When judging a person, not being able to distinguish between being tasteless and being unprincipled is a major failing. And not in the person being judged.
Last edited by Greg on Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

If you hate Trump and thought Andrew Cuomo was doing a great job...
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Como is a shitbirds, from a family of shitbirds. Him, his father, and hit mentally deficient brother are NYs dollar general version of the Kennedys, and we all know what amess that family is.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Greg wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:43 pm
Vonz90 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:53 am https://americanmind.org/salvo/david-fr ... loodguilt/

I'm really surprised that after all this time you're still so utterly wrong about Trump.

I'll elaborate. When judging a person, not being able to distinguish between being tasteless and being unprincipled is a major failing. And not in the person being judged.
Odd statement, I was exactly right about him. I was certain that he would leave the conservative cause and the Republican party in a worse condition than he found it and accomplish close to nothing, and that is exactly what he did. He failed by his own standards.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

In worse condition? Or just more aware of how poorly represented we've been by our elected "conservative" reps?

Campaign conservatives /hack. spit/. So brave and bold when seeking votes and our dollars. So brave in pushing bills when out of the majority.

So ineffectual and fearful of actually following through when in the majority. Can you say "Repeal Obamacare?" How about "Indict <insert name: Lois Lerner, Hillary, Comey...>?
There I knew you could.

Trump exposed them for the eunuchs' they are.
He made a hash of hiring and firing and failed to build a coalition to actually, you know, "drain the swamp."
He never saw a spending bill he wouldn't eventually sign even while saying "this is the last time, never again."

But.... BUT... He rocked on foreign policy. Best in my lifetime, Better even than Ronaldo Magnus who believed we could get the CCP to follow us to freedom if only we helped China go free(r) market.
He rocked on the economy and disrupting for good in manufacturing and energy.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

blackeagle603 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:42 pm In worse condition? Or just more aware of how poorly represented we've been by our elected "conservative" reps?

Campaign conservatives /hack. spit/. So brave and bold when seeking votes and our dollars. So brave in pushing bills when out of the majority.

So ineffectual and fearful of actually following through when in the majority. Can you say "Repeal Obamacare?" How about "Indict <insert name: Lois Lerner, Hillary, Comey...>?
There I knew you could.

Trump exposed them for the eunuchs' they are.
He made a hash of hiring and firing and failed to build a coalition to actually, you know, "drain the swamp."
He never saw a spending bill he wouldn't eventually sign even while saying "this is the last time, never again."

But.... BUT... He rocked on foreign policy. Best in my lifetime, Better even than Ronaldo Magnus who believed we could get the CCP to follow us to freedom if only we helped China go free(r) market.
He rocked on the economy and disrupting for good in manufacturing and energy.
My, you grade on a friendly curve. First and foremost, he lost both houses of Congress and the Presidency in one term, which has never been done before.

I will not discuss his staff issues as you hit that. I could go on for weeks on this, but just look at his "signature" issue of illegal immigration (even though he was an open boarders guy his whole life until he ran for President). First two years when he had a GOP Congress, he did not even propose universal E-verify or boarder wall funding. Then when he lost Congress he tried to pretend it was a priority. This sums up his style, he talks a lot of shit and gets nothing done so now boarder wise we are literallyworse off than before he came in office.

I could even get behind that as better than the alternative, except that in the end the talking shit alienated more than it fired up and thus we get back to point 1; loosing both houses of Congress and the Presidency in four years have.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

He clearly got not nothing done. He just didn't get near as much done as he could have and should have.

He did completely unmask the media, the deep state and the complicity, cowardice and impotence of the R-party leaders. For that we should be grateful.

As a result, there is a looming shortage of red-pills as significantly more conservatives and mushy middlers are now paying attention and actively engaged. Is it a critcal mass? Are they too late to the game? Time will tell.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story