Chris banned permanently.

First Shirt

Re: Chris banned permanently.

Post by First Shirt »

Well. I'd say THAT went swimmingly!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

blackeagle603 wrote:is this anywhere near the record for length of thread before a threadjack occurred?
I think so. I can't recall even making a full page without some kind of threadjack.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
workinwifdakids

Post by workinwifdakids »

Every once in a while we all get nasty with one another and say things we either regret or ought to regret. In this big of a family, people are just going to irritate us sometimes. The question is what happens when the chips are down and we need each other? Look at all we've done for each other over the years. You count the wrongs and it'll lead you to no place good.

In a thread or three about education, I've been pissed off enough to want to knock the piss out of a few people here. And I'm sure a few of you were upset at the manner in which I expressed my opinions. But where are you going to find a group that's more kind and knowledgable than this one?

Speaking of which, I probably owe BE a sincere apology - not for my argument in one of those education threads, but for expressing it in such a low-class manner. BE, I hope you'll accept my apology. You're a good man.
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

? i have no idea, honestly. but thanks for that.

the ability to overlook to some level and move on is what makes stuff like this (and society in general) work.
Had a busy, politically charged week at work and realized after the fact I'd grumped or snarked at someone in a recent thread when I should have slowed down or toned it down ( might have been SKB) . By the time I got back to the forum I had lost track of who and which thread and wasn't sure how/where to go to clean that up.

Grace received is good. thx for that whoever it was (or maybe they're under my bed with a knife waiting to deliver payback /heh).
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
George guy

Post by George guy »

It's awkward to comment on anything like this. The actual incidents causing this change of membership are properly none of my business and I'm not interested in getting personally caught up in any Dramageddon which ensues, but being a member of the community, it's fair to know the basics of what happened and why.
'Regulate' used to mean the opposite of 'constipate.'
gromulin

Post by gromulin »

A long time ago I decided to stop letting people (digital OR analog) live in my head rent-free. I've been much happier since.
A good Ringmaster keeps the lions from eating the clowns.

A really good Ringmaster knows when to let the lions eat the clowns.
dpatten

Post by dpatten »

I don't know if any of ya'll remember me from the either of Kim's sites, but I posted there frequently and moved here when their site went down quickly. I haven't posted here for a couple of years. Can't say I was terribly surprised when I got the e-mail the other day. For years and years my BS meter was pegged, until finally it just wasn't worth reading the grandiloquent posts.
"Broadly speaking, the short words are the best, and the old words best of all. "
(Winston Churchill)
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Alright guys, knock off the nastiness amongst members. Save your vitrol for politicians, anti-gunners, and people who really DESERVE that amount of distaste instead of using it on those folks who are really on the same side but disagree about the details.

You've got it out of your system, now let it go.

Remember the rules: Stick to the topic, criticize the details of people's stances but NOT the poster. Keep it on topic and DO NOT make it personal and/or make personal attacks. We've done a great job at self-regulation and it's a rare instance where a moderator needs to step in, and *I* prefer to keep it that way (and I know you do too).

Stick to the topics and refrain from attacking members. You know the rules, and they haven't changed since Chris has gone.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

308Mike wrote:Alright guys, knock off the nastiness amongst members. Save your vitrol for politicians, anti-gunners, and people who really DESERVE that amount of distaste instead of using it on those folks who are really on the same side but disagree about the details.
Seriously? Mike? You really think this is about "disagreeing on details"?
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
JimTX

Post by JimTX »

That's not how that works. That's not how any of this works!

/grumpyoldlady

Jim
Sunk New Dawn
Galveston, TX