These rules are established to protect the members of our community, and establish guidelines for conduct while participating in it. By participating in this community you agree to abide by these rules.
1. This site is not a democracy: This site is operated by the site management for our amusement, and for the benefit of our user community. We are not a democracy, we are a benevolent dictatorship. We do not observe the first amendment here; this is private property and you don't have a "right" to use our site to say whatever you want. Our site, our rules, if you don't want to play by them, go somewhere else.
2. No "Popular Revolutions": There is a lower subspecies of internet dweller that gets off on fomenting rebellion in user communities, building background power bases, starting splinter groups and factions etc... This type of behavior is NOT tolerated here under any circumstances. You may criticize the management all you want, but keep in mind rule 1.
3. This site is not: A for sale site, an adult web site, a dating site, a commercial advertising site, a PR site, or your personal website.
We allow the occasional NSFW posting if it is appropriate to the topic at hand. We allow vulgar and profane language within limits. We allow "for sale" notices to be posted, if the item for sale is of interest to the members, and with prior permission from site management only. Other than that, take a look at the descriptions above, and don't do that. If you do, we reserve the right to alter any posts you make, humiliate you, shame you, and otherwise make you wish you had never seen this site. You should know, our management team is creative, and has a fine sense of irony... and of vengeance.
4. Don't be an Ass: This is a CIVIL community. We don't censor language, and we don't generally restrict topics or content (except as noted below) but we do expect civil behavior. Excessive rudeness, personal attacks, argumentum ad-nauseum, hobby horsing and other ass-like behavior are not allowed. Note: What constitutes "being an ass" is entirely at the discretion of site management. Trolling and flaming, are definitely part of "being an ass".
5. Leave your pathology at home: You can be a racist, or a communist, or an alien abduction conspiracy theorist, all you want, but you can't be that here. You can be as controversial as you want providing you are civil, but if you start spouting off toxic bull, or espousing things offensive to our civil community, you will be warned, then banned... or if severe enough just banned. Again, remember rules 1 and 3.
Controversy and Argument are ENCOURAGED, but BE CIVIL, and be LEGAL. If you need us to explain to you how to be civil, perhaps this is not the community for you. If you write something that will get us sued, arrested, or shut down, it will be deleted, and you will be at least warned and possibly banned.
I should note, this means that leftists are welcome here, however espousing a leftist philosophy is not, unless you are willing to engage in reasoned discourse and debate; and keep civil. The same applies to religious evangelism. You can follow whatever religion you want to, and you're welcome here; but you may not use our site as a platform for your views. You MAY engage in civil debate on them, if you are able to.
Oh and any suggestion that our fundamental right to keep and bear arms should be eliminated, or restricted more than say Arizona state law does (and we're even a bit iffy on that) is NOT going to be civil behavior in this community.
What constitutes a violation of these rules is exclusively at the discretion of site management.
Penalties for violations of these rules are also exclusively at the discretion of site management. Remember rule number 1.
You will not be banned for being controversial, you will not be banned for disagreeing with the site management. You WILL be banned for egregious violations of the rules, or for repeated violations after warning.
Any access of this site without express permission of the site management, constitutes unlawful access and will be recorded and prosecuted both locally and federally.
We reserve the right to humiliate spammers.
Site management is not responsible for the content posted by community members. User postings do not constitute an expression of endorsement or agreement with posted contents by site management, or other community members.
Use of any technical data or opinions about legal, medical or social issues published here is entirely at your own risk. We take no responsibility for the accuracy of the data published here and are not responsible for any any adverse consequences you may encounter while using such data.
All contents of this site are published under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. By publishing materials to this site, you agree that all such materials are to be covered under this license.
1 post • Page 1 of 1