This is where we post the rules
HTRN

Re: The People's Republik of Kalifornia.

Post by HTRN »

CByrneIV wrote:
FelixEstrella wrote:Also, please no avatars with adult content, scatology, or profanity, and no animation.
So, no dancing nekkid women giving the finger?

Damn. :mrgreen:

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

CByrneIV wrote: Also, please no avatars with adult content, scatology, or profanity, and no animation.
You mean like the little bug running around?
Jeffro's (IIRC) old one was funny:
Don't forget the Kali Kitty: Image

Or Netpackrat's: Image

RightisRight's: Image

Or giving a damn: Image

I also recall seeing one here recently of a dancing chicken (unless they've changed it recently).
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Jered

Post by Jered »

CByrneIV wrote:
FelixEstrella wrote:Mekender, any chance you could change your avatar? I don't have a problem with your sentiment, but I've getting tired of having the middle digit in my face every time I read a post from you.

Actually I was going to suggest that myself, thanks for reminding me.

Also, please no avatars with adult content, scatology, or profanity, and no animation.

I'm giving a pass to the Johnny Cash middle finger one because it's not huge and in your face... plus hey, it's Johnny Cash.
It's Johnny Cash dealing with the press
[/tangent]

:mrgreen:

You are awesome, Chris.

On another note what can we do with San Fransisco?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Mike, how'd you find my avatar? I searched all over the web for the danged thing after the Gunthing closed. I'm such a computer 'tard.

Anywho, if there are no animated avs, I'll look for another one that "expresses my individuality" ;=)
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

rightisright wrote:Mike, how'd you find my avatar? I searched all over the web for the danged thing after the Gunthing closed. I'm such a computer 'tard.

Anywho, if there are no animated avs, I'll look for another one that "expresses my individuality" ;=)
I ran across it looking for the other two I wanted to IMG tag instead of making attachments. I also had your's on my hard drive 'cause I thought it was funny.

I'm not so sure how hard a rule the no animated avatars is going to be, since there are some fairly old ones associated with people and I know they'd kinda' like to keep them.

Part of the problem is some of the animated avatars get quite large and start eating bandwidth, especially on long threads - then it becomes a problem (slows people's browsers down, eats resources, etc).

You can find all kinds of avatars at: http://www.coolavatars.net

EDIT:

An example of wasting bandwidth and resources is if I used something like this as my avatar:

Image, and think about this file size (almost 200 kb) for each time my posts show up it's being transferred to the viewer's browser, then multiply that by the number of people viewing this site, etc. You can see how fast it all adds up - verses using my regular avatar at 10 kb.

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
308Mike

Re: Avatars

Post by 308Mike »

So (to answer my own posts), if you'd like to use an animated avatar, PLEASE use a lightweight and/or small avatar.

This allowance is skating on VERY THIN ice, so please don't abuse it or it'll be shut off for everyone.

We'll see how it goes - and if people are responsible and pay attention to the size of their avatars, it might not be a problem - but PLEASE don't make it one.