Obama Names Musician Rick Astley as Running Mate

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
sam

Obama Names Musician Rick Astley as Running Mate

Post by sam »

Heh. H/T Insty.
Self-proclaimed "greatest prank evar" required 18 months, $390 million in prep work

Springfield, IL - August 23, 2008 - In front of a cheering crowd as well as in a text message to over three million anxious supporters, U.S. Senator and prospective Democratic Party presidential nominee Barack Obama declared to the world that he had selected 1980's pop musician Rick Astley to be his vice-presidential running mate.

"And now, America, what you've all been waiting to hear!" shouted the Junior Senator from the state of Illinois, as an American-flag-decorated curtain dropped behind Mr. Obama, immediately followed by the familiar opening drum beats and funk synthesizer chords of Astley's 1987 hit single, "Never Gonna Give You Up."

Pumping his fists downward in a striking motion as he spoke, Mr. Obama continued, "you just got Rickrolled, America!"

While the title of "greatest prank ever" remains speculative, experts from the Guinness Book of World Records verified shortly before press time that Obama's announcement likely set the world record for the longest sustained silence from a crowd of over 10,000 people, at roughly over seven minutes.

DougWojtowicz

Re: Obama Names Musician Rick Astley as Running Mate

Post by DougWojtowicz »

Was that the Onion? :lol: :lol: :lol:
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Honestly, guys, I'm not going to be anywhere NEAR downtown Springfield tomorrow. I'll be at least five miles away at the gun club. I won't have any opportunity to mess with the sound system.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
GroundPounder

Post by GroundPounder »

Rickroll'd!

Incidentally, that's a ringtone I set for my buddy.