New Meme Home

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
Weetabix

Re: New Meme Home

Post by Weetabix »

MurderTractor.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Screen-Shot-2022-03-10-at-9.28.49-AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

:mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

blackeagle603 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:48 pm
TheArmsman wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:32 am
blackeagle603 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:49 pm
Ever try sneaking through a jumping cholla cactus patch? :)
I've been warned and managed to avoid them thus far in my limited AZ desert experience

I imagine Humboldt would have the PNW equivalent "devil's club". Had to walk my line straight through a big patch in a creek bottom on a night SAR. Take a step one direction and get whacked from a completely different direction by a ground runner. Ohhh those needles.
Ever encounter a blackberry bramble in the dark? I ran straight into one doing night land nav at Fort Lewis. The spines aren't as large, but it's basically naturally growing concertina wire.

I didn't pass on that attempt. The course was no map, just legs of bearing and distance. Kind of hard to follow a bearing when there's a wall of green concertina in the way.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Ever encounter a blackberry bramble in the dark? I ran straight into one doing night land nav at Fort Lewis. The spines aren't as large, but it's basically naturally growing concertina wire
Heh, no but spent a lot of time "in" them picking berries. I lived ~45 min south of Ft Lewis in the Black Hills that start south of Grand Mound -- the woods and brush is even thicker down there than Ft Lewis Area. i worked a while in the woods out in the Willapa Hills west of Pe Ell. A bit of January and February soaked to the skin all day out there remotivated me to get back to school.

It gets appreciably wetter south and west of Grand Mound. As you go south to Centralia there's a rest stop along the 5. The rain and snow starts and stops like a machine drew a line right there. It'll be dry to the north and wet to the south 9 times out of 10 unless there's a real bit of weather off the ocean.

In either case the blackberry plants get huge up there -- esp the Himalayas. The Evergreens might not get as large but they are wirey beasts. We'd pick the perimeter best we could. Then take a ladder or plank and throw it out onto the pile walk out on it to pick off either side as far out into the bramble as it took us. Pity the fool that lost his balance and feel into the bush. My sister is north of UW just a bit. She still makes a point to get out in season to fill bucket(s) and freeze berries. Then to Mercer Island for the blueberries. She's keeping the jam and pie tradition going strong.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Multiflora rose is like that around here. I think it actively reaches out to grab you.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Screen-Shot-2022-03-08-at-6.10.07-PM.png
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

18.jpeg
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

IMG_0106.jpg
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Screen-Shot-2022-03-15-at-1.19.20-PM.png