Ice Cream

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
Old Grafton

Ice Cream

Post by Old Grafton »

YMMV, but I think any ice cream besides chocolate or vanilla is a perversion of the intent..... :lol:
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
HTRN

Re: Ice Cream

Post by HTRN »

Costcos house brand vanilla is pretty good.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Ben and Jerry's is perversion. Our favorite (Thrifty Drug) ice cream growing up was neapolitan.

Ever had vanilla ice cream and mix in tang powder?
g-man

Post by g-man »

Grew up in VT, so Ben and Jerry's was a staple. Would stop at the store downtown and grab a pint out of the 'seconds' cooler on the way home freshman year of HS. Sometimes they were over-full, sometimes under (this could be avoided though...). Sometimes it wasn't even the right flavor. Didn't care. Would proceed to eat the entire pint on the walk back to the house, because 15-y/o metabolism.

Always knew they were hippies, but as long as they kept the ice cream and politics more or less separated, I was okay with it. Haven't had any of their offerings since the whole 'Pecan Resist" flavor debacle.

HEB has some pretty decent stuff here, as well as the whole plethora of Bluebell options.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
BDK

Post by BDK »

Fruit flavors are the most “pure” in that all one does is find the best fruit, then help it express.

Chocolate and vanilla both are very complex and offer tremendous variety, so to try to express the true nature of them is subject to the opinion of the maker, and...

Maybe a bit complicated to explain...
evan price

Post by evan price »

Mint chocolate chip.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

evan price wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:06 pm Mint chocolate chip.
^ This. Braum's or Blue Bell. Or, if you're in KC, the Sheridan's Grant's Grasshopper. Sheridan's is frozen custard, but who's counting?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

BDK wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:30 pm Chocolate and vanilla both are very complex and offer tremendous variety, so to try to express the true nature of them is subject to the opinion of the maker, and...

Maybe a bit complicated to explain...
This showed up in my youtube subscription list today:
https://youtu.be/Qtn6HqFX0WA
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Butter pecan...and Turkey Hill makes a really good black raspberry. The local joint (closed until Ground Hog Day) makes all its own ice cream, and has a bing cherry that is great for hot fudge sundaes.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I always liked Tillamook Mountain Huckleberry.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop