PLA Army Food is bad

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
MarkD

Re: PLA Army Food is bad

Post by MarkD »

Dinochrome One wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:08 pm
And, yes, if a randomly-selected recently-produced meal is that bad, morale will suffer.
Not if the people who AREN'T in the military are starving to death ...
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Love Steve, he is the Bob Ross of food reviews.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Dinochrome One

Post by Dinochrome One »

MarkD wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:03 am
Dinochrome One wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:08 pm
And, yes, if a randomly-selected recently-produced meal is that bad, morale will suffer.
Not if the people who AREN'T in the military are starving to death ...
I'd expect that to be true if it was North Korea, but I thought China was overall better than that.
Maxim 34: If you're only leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Dinochrome One wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:47 amI'd expect that to be true if it was North Korea, but I thought China was overall better than that.
For Chinese manufacturers who supply (apparently) anything to anybody, "quality fade" appears to be the national sport. I recommend Paul Midler's Poorly Made in China.

One of the things that made the book really interesting to me was that Midler himself was part of the problem, which he seems not to have realized.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
toad

Post by toad »

A couple of decades ago my brother was in the active reserves, he would bring home MRE's and had built up a stock of them, he liked them for some reason. My Sister in law didn't like them. She had a friend from work who did missionary work. The friend went on mission to the Ukraine. They gave her some MRE's for just in case. While she was over there it got so cold that if you went outside you would start bleeding from your nose. Nobody in her dorm wanted to leave the room to get food. The MRE's were extremely popular. Even with the heat tabs when they had a power failure.
toad

Post by toad »

Then there is the Whole South Korean Spam worship.
randy

Post by randy »

toad wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:54 pm Then there is the Whole South Korean Spam worship.
Hmmm. Never saw or heard any of that when I was stationed there. Hawaii on the other hand....
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".