Should we add a multi-blog?

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Vonz90

Should we add a multi-blog?

Post by Vonz90 »

I was looking at the complaints tab (I don't normally). There is a longish thread on how to increase traffic on this site. Just a suggestion, but maybe set up a group blog. I think we have a fair number of good posts that could be expanded to short blog pieces. I don't have enough interest in writing to carry a blog, but I would be willing to contribute. Add a couple or three more and maybe we have something?
Weetabix

Re: Should we add a multi-blog?

Post by Weetabix »

I'd read it.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Is a blog the best tool these days?

ie. Risk of dataloss/being deplatformed for RKBA and gunnie goodness talk

Are there other platforms that would be suitable? e.g. MeWe, Telegram...?
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
randy

Post by randy »

We already have a group on MeWe

https://mewe.com/group/5fa8253b788b5d71412a8818
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

blackeagle603 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:41 pm Is a blog the best tool these days?

I am looking at from the standpoint of driving traffic, original content seems more likely to do that and we have enough talent here to support an interesting one (IMHO).

My benchmark would be Powerline
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

randy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:44 pm We already have a group on MeWe

Not being snarky here - genuine question - what purpose does the MeWe group serve that the forum doesn't?

As to deplatforming - DiveMedic has offered space on his server that's somehow supposed to be immune from deplatforming.
https://areaocho.com/
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

randy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:44 pm We already have a group on MeWe

Yep, I occasionally post there, but... network effect. Haven't got to critical mass in that group. I'll try to keep priming the pump there with some posts and links.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
randy

Post by randy »

Weetabix wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:34 pm
Not being snarky here - genuine question - what purpose does the MeWe group serve that the forum doesn't?
I didn't create it (not sure who did), just pointing out it was there. If nothing else it acts as a backup communications/rally point in case something happens here.

I follow a few folks on MeWe (Sarah Hoyt, Larry Correia...) that use posts on MeWe to link to new posts their blogs.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

MeWe advantage? Ease of posting (esp on mobiel and with visuals) and inviting/redirecting potentional new members.

That sort of platform lacks some of this forum advantages with accumulating long threads and historic threads.

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Vonz90 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:23 am
blackeagle603 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:41 pm Is a blog the best tool these days?

I am looking at from the standpoint of driving traffic, original content seems more likely to do that and we have enough talent here to support an interesting one (IMHO).

My benchmark would be Powerline
To get the most members, I'd say start a video channel, ideally across multiple platforms.

Notice I didn't say "best members" :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt