Recommend an endoscope?

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Weetabix

Recommend an endoscope?

Post by Weetabix »

Can anyone recommend a decent endoscope? I need to check in some walls and ceilings to find out how much knob and tube wiring I have in a few areas. Might come in handy for examining bores, looking around corners in an engine, etc.

And I don't want HTRN's $20,000 one, either. :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Weetabix

Re: Recommend an endoscope?

Post by Weetabix »

Should have mentioned - I've looked at the ones that use your phone. Some plug in; some use wifi. Vastly different resolutions available.

I'm not sure what differences those make.

Wide range of "snake" (?) lengths available - maybe up to 18'? My ceilings are 9'8" downstairs and 8'8" upstairs. Balloon frame, so a long one might make good sense to go down an entire wall from the attic.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

milwaukee
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Precision

Post by Precision »

no experience with those. Sorry
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

I bought this one a couple of months ago to inspect rifle bores.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083F ... UTF8&psc=1

It’s 100% pure chineseium but wasn’t very expensive. It seems to work OK for me so far. Might be worth a try.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Weetabix wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:13 pm And I don't want HTRN's $20,000 one, either. :lol:
The one I'm going to recommend is 50 bucks on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Caliber-Borescop ... 2121498305

If you want something more expensive, Lyman sells one for 250ish.

Or you can move up to big boy budget and spring for a gradient lens Hawkeye. They're sold by Brownells, and cost around 1500, depending on model.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Audiosmin

Post by Audiosmin »

I recently bought some kind of endoscope, but I couldn't see anything with it. I came to go to the service station. Actually, I want to sell this car and buy myself a Honda Pilot. I think this car will be extremely reliable.
Last edited by Audiosmin on Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

Audiosmin wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:38 pm "I came to go to the service station."
Don't think this bot is quite ready for prime time. :lol:
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Uhm I'm the one who had the stroke, and even I was never that bad... :?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

I was wondering if I could learn anything from this discussion.
I know virtually nothing about endoscopes myself , except that I have experienced two in a medical examination on the recommendation of my doctor due to my advanced age.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy