just out of the hospital

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
toad

just out of the hospital

Post by toad »

Went into heart flutter and oxygen starvation. Hospital found drugs that restored me to what they call "normal " Sinus rhythm " . I had trouble with a bozo at the rehab clinic and checked my self out. He would not keep his damn hands off of me and couldn't speak intelligible English. Got home just in time to pay over due power bill. Ordered red stretchy medium power band for exercise. Have hot air oven arriving tomorrow to cut down grease in my diet. Also to replace my dying microwave and toaster oven.
When pay day comes I'm ordering a new CPAP mask that will deal with my mouth breathing as well as let me wear glasses. Did learn some exercises with Medium strength flat rubber bands . Ordered one that I could cut to six foot lengths . I can mimic push ups , lifts , and squats. Not too many .
I've lost about 5 pounds since I got home.
After pay day I'm going to contact UT Southwestern . I didn't consider them before because I thought they were associated with Parkland charity hospital and it really has a sucky reputation. UT is farther away from me than Presbyterian is but they have a whole lot better record for dealing with patients and a much higher cure rate. One of the Doctors there thinks people do better recovering at home.
Anyway all you old farts , do regular consults with a Doctor . As we get older our immune systems get weaker and bad fart can kill us.
randy

Re: just out of the hospital

Post by randy »

Glad you're home and doing better. Hang in there.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Glad to have you with us still.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

Good job making some changes.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Glad to hear you're doing better.

Too bad you didn't have your sword cane with you to deal with Mr. Grabby.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

+1
toad

Post by toad »

Welll, I did have my sword cane with me . I've found that a heavy cane works better for me as opposed to a light one for getting around. I can use the weight of the cane to counter balance things I have to pick up or carry. I was somewhat restricted in my use of the cane as a weapon in the preponderance of proof would be against me if I gutted or struck the offending party. How ever just swinging it the air causes some back off.
The fun thing right now is trying to equip myself with in a budget .
The fun part is also Reading The F. Instructions. For instance three tries before I got the lanyard for my finger tip oxygen saturation meter hooked up right. A lot of the equipment is sourced from S. E. Asia and goes through multiple translators. It is too be a wonderment that feeling the helpfulness of the desire is so semi-clear.
g-man

Post by g-man »

toad wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:05 am ... It is too be a wonderment that feeling the helpfulness of the desire is so semi-clear.
I am so glad I finished my coffee before reading that... would totally have sprayed the keyboard. Glad to see you’re in good spirits about it.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Glad you're still on this side of the lawn.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Precision

Post by Precision »

That also made me laugh. As one who often has to deal with third party outsourced telehelp. It is even weirder when they are Talking like that.

Also glad to hear your sword cane kept the reaper at bay.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/