Good Deals Thread

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
HTRN

Re: Good Deals Thread

Post by HTRN »

Netpackrat wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:50 am https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2149663126
The 125 grain TNT from Speer are probably the best thing going for supersonic reloads in the 300 Blackout..
Speer says not to shoot them over 3100 ft/sec, but I'm guessed ng they're referring to a normal twist rate for a 308. I still want to build a 300 Varminter(300 WSM, with a throat for short light bullets), with a 1-15" twist barrel - Richard Franklin was getting 4000ft/sec with 125 grn Noslers.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:06 am Speer says not to shoot them over 3100 ft/sec, but I'm guessed ng they're referring to a normal twist rate for a 308. I still want to build a 300 Varminter(300 WSM, with a throat for short light freedom seeds), with a 1-15" twist barrel - Richard Franklin was getting 4000ft/sec with 125 grn Noslers.
They aren't really designed for 300blk (or they would be longer with a better BC), but in terms of a 110-125 grain projectile (which is the normal range for blackout supersonic ammo, you are not going to find much cheaper from a decent manufacturer. They shot fairly well out of my 10" Aero SBR, but did not group worth a shit out of my 16" Model 7 bolt action. Both are 7" twist barrels; the SBR generally shoots supers better and the bolt gun will usually outgroup the SBR with subs. Be interesting to try them out of my 16" AR sometime and see how they do.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Shouldn't we bump it, though, so it's not buried?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Post by randy »

I could make it a sticky. What say the assembled body?
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I thought it already was?

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

Netpackrat wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:30 am I thought it already was?
Damn, you know I hate saying "Netpackrat is right".
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

It's OK, I get that a lot.