Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Netpackrat

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Netpackrat »

Mildly amusing, David Hogg got trolled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHWlWR3ubS8
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Randy Mulholland, creator of Webcomic "Something Positive", is now doing the Sunday comic of "Popeye", something he said he's wanted to do since he was six:

https://somethingpositive.net/comic/pet ... s-it-done/

Of course, this is like letting Bob Saget(RIP) do children's story hour...
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

indeed, now to get enough America First candidates in the House to get someone beside McCarthy into the Speaker's seat.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Maybe we should start referring to him as pResident Evil.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I think there should be a federal retirement age for bureaucrats and politicians. We know the octogenarians in Congress. I hadn't realized that Fauci was 81 until I read he has covid.

What do you say to 70 or 72 as a retirement age? They deserve some time to enjoy the fruits of our labors.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Post by randy »

The way I look at it, 20 years, up or out is good enough for the military, it's good enough for bureaucrats.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-dru ... rt-tragedy

I lean very libertarian, but not so much relative to drugs. The issue being that for liberty to work requires people to be rational actors and drug addicts are not that.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Vonz90 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:14 pm https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-dru ... rt-tragedy

I lean very libertarian, but not so much relative to drugs. The issue being that for liberty to work requires people to be rational actors and drug addicts are not that.
I have been a 'small-l' libertarian for a very long time, but early on was onboard with these sorts of decriminalization efforts. After a number of run-ins with addicts, I've groked the nature of the situation, and you hit the nail on the head. The venn diagram for addicts and people with mental health issues isn't exactly a 1:1 circle... but rather it's a larger circle of people who have mental health issues (depression, anger issues, etc) and a much smaller circle of the full-on addicts, which is almost totally contained in the larger circle. Mental health issues does not imply addiction, but addiction almost always implies mental health issues, regularly very serious ones.

Of course Portland is also a great bit of instruction for how to run a city. Their policies can inform you as to what you should do very nearly 100% of the time. The trick is figuring out that what you need to do is whatever is the exact opposite of the policy they have in place to 'fix' any problem...
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
g-man

Post by g-man »

randy wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:52 pm The way I look at it, 20 years, up or out is good enough for the military, it's good enough for bureaucrats.
Nah, if 2 terms is good enough for the Pres, Congress can live by the same rules. Also, no retirement. Pay them well enough that they can afford to stop doing whatever they're doing and serve (assuming we're talking about returning to citizen leadership from the 18th century, vice the completely 'professional politician' sort of folks there now), and then they're out.

A guy can wish, can't he?
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum