Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
HTRN

Re: Does not follow...

Post by HTRN »

Vonz90 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:03 pm Hat tip to Poweline

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G94n14eTfUQ
https://youtu.be/jgRlzFIgm1E
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Jered

Post by Jered »

The NIH hates dogs more than the ATF.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Was tasked at work with making a template and drawing for a part to be custom made by an outside vendor because the unit supplied in a kit would not fit. Thought that we were dealing with Canadians, so I was sure to supply inch measurements with fractions, in the hope of annoying them. Then I found out they are based in Minnesota... Which is almost the same thing, but without the French system of measurement in common use. :(
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Rustyv

Post by Rustyv »

I was building a thing in Canada a few years ago. Since I work mostly in the US, I’m pretty good at dealing with municipalities and their building permit requirements. Have a whole package already put together with typical drawings, viewsheds in different locals (urban, suburban, rural, etc).

Canadian municipality threw a fit because the typicals I submitted for the building permit were in good ol’ ‘Merica measurements. With a big watermark in each and every page that read “Preliminary, Not for construction”.

I’ve done enough work north of the border to know that the final prints need to be in metric, I just didn’t have an initial drawing package put together in metric.

So I called up my PE with the Canadian stamp and asked him to revise the drawings. Changed all the measurements to Imperial (metric) and resubmitted. Made sure that everything was drawn up in imperial and obviously converted.
Welcome to the internet: Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

Dance like it hurts, Love like you need the money, Work like people are watching - Scott Adams
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
randy

Post by randy »

...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Jered

Post by Jered »

Rustyv wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:43 pm Canadian municipality threw a fit because the typicals I submitted for the building permit were in good ol’ ‘Merica measurements. With a big watermark in each and every page that read “Preliminary, Not for construction”.
Maybe they should Get Good and put a man on the moon.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Jered wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:46 am
Rustyv wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:43 pm Canadian municipality threw a fit because the typicals I submitted for the building permit were in good ol’ ‘Merica measurements. With a big watermark in each and every page that read “Preliminary, Not for construction”.
Maybe they should Get Good and put a man on the moon.
There are two kinds of countries:
1)Those that use the metric system
2)Those that have landed a rover on Mars using a rocket crane. :ugeek:

'Murica! :mrgreen:

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I waited a month and a half for the HSS tap and die set I ordered from Penn to show up, and they finally arrived Saturday. But not the set I ordered, which was correct on the invoice, but they actually sent me a set of taps and dies for left hand threads. I can't decide whether I should be pissed off or not... I waited a long time for them, and they shipped the wrong thing, but OTOH a set of left hand taps and dies is exactly the sort of thing that I would want to have around (because reasons), and the set I received is significantly more expensive than the one I paid for. Probably going to order another set, from somebody else who will hopefully ship faster.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Small earthquake just now.

Edit; 6.0 somewhere out by Iliamna.