Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
BDK

Re: Does not follow...

Post by BDK »

They go to the moon, invent railroads, etc…. And love to move into “German” communities, then promptly start trying to destroy them.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Placed here and not humor, because this is a real article and not parody.
image001-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Oh. My.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Greg

Post by Greg »

Well I got the raise and promotion, though nobody in management has actually TOLD me so. It just appeared in our HR portal. sigh

So now I'm making pretty much exactly what the old team lead (my former Windows admin buddy) was making when he left, and I have his old title. Except now I'm doing his job *and* my old job. Oh well, what can you do.

If anybody wants to check out the MariaDB DBaaS web conference tomorrow, see if you can figure out which panelist is me.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Nicely done, Greg!
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Weetabix wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:03 pm Nicely done, Greg!
+1
Greg

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:48 am
Weetabix wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:03 pm Nicely done, Greg!
+1
Thanks.

The marketing rep from the company running the online database talk today tells me we had 68 live attendees. I'm famous now. :)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Phone rang about 15 hours ago, boss calling on what was supposed to be the last day of my weekend. Airplane is broken, required tooling for the job we haven't done previously is not available... If we can get it, would probably have to come from overseas, which would take days, at best. Since we already have another airplane currently down for check, that situation is extremely inconvenient. They called me because if we're going to be dead in the water for tooling, might as well try to manufacture our own.

Drove to work where they gave me copies of the manual which had some basic drawings of what the tooling is supposed to look like (no dimensions of course), and one spare overhauled actuator which probably cost more than my house. Stopped by the Metals Supermarket on my way home, picked up 2" square bar 6061T6. Spent probably probably 12+ hours going between the workbench and the Bridgeport, manufacturing reverse-engineered copies of the tools we need. Just got home from dropping it all back off at work; maybe Day Shaft can manage to do something with it before I get there tomorrow.

So yeah, I got paid to spend an entire day at home, playing with my toys.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

:John Hinckly has apparently been released from prison. Some one should mention to him that Biden has been hanging out with Jody Foster. :D